Congrats to Alison Balsom - Winner at Classical Brits

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, May 5, 2006.

1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Well done to trumpet player Alison Balsom winning the young British Classical Performer at last nights Classical Brit Awards , Alison a former member of Redbridge Band and guest soloist with many bands / Orchestras. Alison was featured at the Beaumaris Festival a few years ago playing the Denis Wright cornet concerto and pieces by Ivor Bosanko and Goedike.
    a well deserved award.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alison Balsom
    Congrats
    Classical Brit Awards
    Redbridge Band
  3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I saw her at Symphony Hall with the CBSO Youth - she was superb. Great to have a Brass performer doing so well in the wider musical world.

Lets hope she continues to be involved with brass bands as her profile grows, i am sure she could come and play for us... ;-)

4. BrianT

BrianT Member

Well Done

I own two Alison Balsom CDs - she is a fabulous player. Lots of it is absolutely jaw-dropping technically, but always beuatifully musical. I've tried to play the unaccompanied Partita from the first CD and I run out of steam about halfway through. She just carries on to the end sounding effortless. World class!

5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Congrats too for her performance at the show last night - she played a blinder, which can't have been easy infront of that kind of audience, having stood on stage for what seemed like 10 mins waiting for Placido Domingo to finish his acceptance speech!

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I saw the awards on telly earlier this evening ... am I the only one who thought the orchestra were out of sync. with her playing the Bach? noticed this on a couple of other featured artists as well). :confused:

7. BrianT

BrianT Member

Classical Brits

It's repeated on BBC2 this evening. Starts at 11 though, which is too late as Monday's a workday so I'm going to video it...