Conerstone of a band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Terrible Timp, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

OK guys what instrument would you say is the cornerstone of any band ??????? Personally i would say percussion seeing as though i'm in the proceess of being trained as one !!!
  2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

The friends and family who attend gigs and contest, provide creche facilities etc.
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Seconded! Not forgetting the parents that are fine taxi firms. (Dinie take a bow) :-D
  4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

THE MIGHTY BARITONE SECTION with out us 50% of that line would be missing:-D
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

As I was told once in a former life, "There is no I in TEAM"

No one is more important than another, even the bottom 3rd cornet player is as important as the principle. Every part is as vital as the other.

That also goes for all of the supporters who help make the band's life easier and provide support at concerts and contests

As soon as you introduce superiorities into band you allow egos to inflate
  6. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Very true! However, a decent brew is important to everyone in the band, so my vote goes to whoever makes the tea :D
  7. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Preach on sir !!!

Joking aside , a band is made up of all the various parts and players.We are all vital.....apart from blokes playing tenor horn.Thats just wrong.Its a girls instrument - and yes , thats directed at you Barry Toan aka as my little brother!!!

TIMBONE Active Member

What, you have a tea break? :) How far are you from Manchester, me and ju33les would do anything for a tea break :p
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

.. been thinking .. what if we changed the question to.... who is most missed when not there? I would say bass section. Many things can be progressed with players missing (...covering parts etc.) but when the foundations are taken away? Every part is important, but the part that tends to the most supportive tends to be the bass section ... go on then ... hit me for six! :-?
  10. horny

horny Member

not another sexist in the band... what do you mean blokes playing horn? Our band band has a strictly 2:1 ratio in favour of girls on the horn section!
  11. critic

critic Member

THE cornerstone to any Band is commitment. IFyou have parts of your band who are not commited you have no cornerstone full stop.
  12. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I agree totally

I disagree totally. The commitment comes from those who do turn up. Often it is this small group of people who help to keep everyone else motivated when the chips are down.