Conductor - Band Trainer Available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SteveT, Aug 26, 2004.

1. SteveT

SteveT Member

Over the last couple of years I have been enjoying life as a roving conductor and band trainer, taking on temporary projects and have met many new people and made a few new friends, which has been very satisfying.

Having just completed some interesting projects which involved writing / arranging / composition and some involvement with "Music For Youth". I find I am missing having my own band. So I just thought I would see if anyone was looking for an MD, whether this be in some professional capacity, or resident.

Most of my experience is of course in Champ / 1st sect levels. Prior to me taking the adjudication diploma at Salford, I was MD of Dobcross... although I have had a short stint with Holme where the last contest performance involved a win on Paganini Variations. Prior to this I have been MD of Ever Ready / Carlton Main and Kibworth, as well as a couple of good Northwest bands.

My strengths are, Musicianship, Knowledge and Musicality and the ability to make a good band out of almost any material. I have taken 3 4th section outfits to the Championship section in my career and have always improved bands, so I suppose one of my strengths must be band training. I am NOT a hirer and firer!! I do have a knack of beating much better bands on paper, which has led to being able to recruit good players when vacancies occur.

I am a qualified adjudicator and my music is published by 3 different publishers, so I suppose I am an all-rounder. Having been out of the loop a little bit, I just thought I would see what was out there. I have had a look at a few bands rcently(in fact I conducted 3 different bands last week, a couple which look interesting), but I would like to look at what options are vailable at the moment.

I suppose idealy the band would be in need of someone with a successful track record, with good training and man management skills, and where there is real commitment and a well organised management team. I find these situations work best. I am not interested in being involved with band management, but would want autonomy musically.

Anyone wanting a chat (07970) 458079.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice