Conducting Workshops?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lisa K, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Lisa K

Lisa K New Member

I've found myself in the happy position of jointly conducting my bands training band. I'm really enjoying it and am keen to improve on what I'm already learning. Does anyone know if there are any conductor workshops or in particularly courses that I could do............

Many thanks,
  2. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

I don't know of any which are directed at brass band conducting specifically - but obviously you already know how things work on that end of the stick :)

I found the practical conducting course at Canford Summer School of Music a very good grounding in the fundamentals of stick technique - - not nearly as daunting as its big brother!

The Olney Conducting Courses - - are an affordable weekend, intensive but fun and great value.

Both of these cover familiar orchestral works, and have been attended by "non-orchestral" musicians in the past, so don't let that put you off.

Good luck - and bravo/kudos for wanting to be better :)
  3. Lisa K

Lisa K New Member

Many thanks for that, I'm just checking those out now :)
  4. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

5. Lisa K

Lisa K New Member

Hi - thanks for that - they're posting me info! :D
  6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Get in touch with Russell Gray. He does them. Usually a 2 day thing (I think)
  7. Lisa K

Lisa K New Member

Thank you for that too - I will check him out. I've booked to go on the Olney conducting course too. I am keen to progress and put myself to good use lol!