Concert Theme

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by backrowbloke, Oct 14, 2003.

1. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Ok all you tMP'ers....
    My band has to put on a themed concert at the end of November. Now the MD ( a very fine fellow indeed :wink: ) needs some insperation.

He wants to include Oceans so needs to build the theme around it.

In the pub we came up with:
    Earth, Wind & Fire :shock:

Loking forward to your inspired suggestions...
  2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

We did a "Round the World" themed job a while back... can include anything to do with places and/or travel so it gives you plenty of scope. :)
  3. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

A band that i helped out, just to do themed concerts on a regular basis.. They used to do themes such as :

Around The World In 80 Minutes
    TV Adverts
    Animal Antics

Not sure if any are any help, but hey hoy
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

When I played at Cosham we did a second half "seventies" themed concert. Most of us dressed up in seventies gear and played stuff like "the hustle" and "Shaft".
    It went down really well and nobody expected us to come out for the seocind half dressed as we did!
  5. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Not sure I want to see some of our band in Afros & flares :shock:
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

We did a brassed off themed concert. It went down a treat ...

... we marched into "Death of Glory"

wore miners helmets for danny boy

and had someone mimick "concerto d'aranjues (Barry)" like the film!!

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

ooooooooh i love oceans!!!
  8. Lotta

Lotta Member

"He wants to include Oceans so needs to build the theme around it......."

Water maybe :?: ....Just a few suggestions...... Skye Boat Song, Singin' in the rain, Somewhere over the RAINbow, Padstow life boat, Sea Shanties (spelt wrong i'm sure!) etc. I'm sure there's loads :lol:

Try not to make the audience sea sick though!!! :?
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well you could all dress up like Uncle Albert or Captain Pugwash!
    You could have your compere introducing every tune beginning with "during the war" or "when I was in the south china sea"!!!
  10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

You should be able to get a decent set of music just from an Ocean theme!

Is there a band arrangement of "under the sea" from the little mermaid? a classic song I think you'll agree! Also, there's an arrangement of Eternal Father by someone at Ransomes knocking about somewhere with a four part harmony singing bit, it's pretty cool.

And you could throw buckets of water at the MD at the end, just to complete the theme!
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There's always "South Pacific" - either a selection or individual arrangements such as "There is nothing like a dame" - and anything from "Titanic" would not be out of place. If you're feeling ambitious, you could always have a look at Philip Wilby's "Atlantic" :!: :wink: :lol: