Concert suggestions

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kiwiinoz, Jun 14, 2011.

1. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Hi there. Well, our band won the C grade state championships this weekend in Queensland Australia. We want to kick on from here and I wonder if anyone has some great concert ideas for us. Something that is nice to listen to, relevant and fun for the band and audience. I was thinking of a James BOND night or something along those lines. Please let me know what you all think would be a great idea for us to have a go at and I can forward those suggestions to the committee!!

Thanks so much :clap:

QUEENSLAND STATE CHAMPIONS C GRADE SUNSHINE BRASS

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    something
    concert ideas
    suggestions
    go
  3. sorcha

sorcha New Member

you could do a night at the musicals or at the films, or music from around the world.

James Bond night sounds like fun though! You could start with the theme, then find arrangements ofo "You Only Live Twice", and the like.

4. tgfoxley

tgfoxley Member

Slightly off topic I know, but do you know if anyone has done "You Only Live Twice" for bb? Would love to hear it!

5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

What part of Qld are you in ? We have done joint concerts with Brisbane Excelsior, we may be able to do the Same with you.

6. sorcha

sorcha New Member

Thinking about it now, I think I played it as part of a James Bond medley. "Best of Bond" I think it was called. Very good though.

7. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

How about a 'Last night of the Poms'? You could do a night of music with a distictly English feel (Rule Britannia, Hope & Glory, the Horn Pipe etc) But end on some suitably Australian tunes in the second half or towards the end. Sorry but I only know Waltz Matilda and Advance Australia Fair. But you could use the Australasian march and maybe something upbeat from an Ozzie composer, Barrie Gott and Lightwalk spring to mind.

Just a thought.

8. tgfoxley

tgfoxley Member

Perhaps Terra Australis? :wink:

9. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

this is a C Grade Band = third section, I think Tera Ausralis might be a bit of a stretch.