Concert Programmes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornetchap, Apr 23, 2004.

1. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

My Learned Friends,

Watford Band are putting on a charity concert in June (watch for the advert in The Auditorium section :wink: ) and we need to organise the programme (the physical thing, rather than what we're going to play).

My view is that we'd put in the pieces we intend to play, maybe a short description of the piece, a history of the band, an overview of the charity benefitting from the concert, names of key personnel and maybe a profile of our MD.

First question is there anything obvious I've missed?

Secondly, we're planning to approach various businesses in the Watford area to advertise in the programme, donate raffle prizes, or help cover printing costs. This leads to the second question of: How much is reasonable to charge for advertising space (half and full page) for an A5 sized programme?

If anyone's got any relevant experience/expertise I'd appreciate any guidance.

TIA

Cheers, Greg.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    advert
    Friends
    thing
    concert
    view
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

My thinking is that if you put too much information on the piece in the
    programme, then you deny the M.C. of anything to say - which in turn denies you of you between pieces rest!

NeilW

(I've also emailed you a recent programme I did, for your amusement!)

4. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

You'll remember how it started at MTB then Neil !!!

Ian

5. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

That's a very good point Neil, thanks; no description of the pieces then :D

Thanks also for the recent programme.

Cheers, Greg.

6. NeilW

NeilW Member

Yes! The biggest problem was getting you to commit to what we were doing and in what order :)

Cheers

NeilW.