Concert for Clarence, Regent Hall, 8/3/09

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by PeterBale, Dec 28, 2008.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Sunday 8th March 2009, 7pm

London Brass Symposium
    Conducted by Don Jenkins

Classic Salvation Army Brass Music

The Salvation Army 275 Oxford Street London

Tickets £5 on the door or contact Stuart Jenkins 020 8776 8127
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

The charity concert in aid of "The Clarence Adoo Trust" which was scheduled for January 2009 has had to be postponed and will now take place in March 2009, date to be confirmed subject to the availability of the venue and players etc. I'll keep you posted as soon as my operation is out of the way.

The musical director for the next charity concert in aid of "The Clarence Adoo Trust" will be Don Jenkins, Staff Bandmaster, Amsterdam Staff Band of the Salvation Army (retired), and will take place in March 2009 in London (Venue and date to be announced).

This was posted around to the members and is on the group's Facebook page.
  3. PeterBale

Thanks, Mike - looks like you've saved me a wasted journey!!!

(May be an idea to get an announcement off to the Brass Herald re the postponement, as that was where I got the details from)
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  4. Highams

Highams Member

Now scheduled for March 8th. same place & time.

5. PeterBale

Thanks for that, Charley - thread edited and new date in the diary: see you there ;)
  6. Highams

Highams Member

7. PeterBale

Looking forward to the concert tomorrow night - any tMPers there, come up and say hello ;)

(got to get our Mayor's concert out of the way first - not the usual sell-out, due to the decision to move away from the "Last Night of the Proms" format, but still expecting about 200 people)
  8. trumpetmike

I have no idea what you look like, but I will be on the stage with a couple of trumpets - would be good to put a face to the name:)
  9. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

You'll be the one with pink hair of course! ;)
  10. PeterBale

Have to get Charley to introduce us ;)
  11. trumpetmike

Thanks for reminding me to put that in the case
  12. PeterBale

Excellent concert with some interesting twists hearing the brass band repertoire with trumpets, french horns etc.

Good to see Clarence looking so well, and I did manage to meet up with trumpetmike at last, doing sterling work at the top end of the trumpet section - no pink hair, though ;)
  13. Highams

Highams Member

Good to see you again Peter, glad you enjoyed it. Don was inspiring of course and Stuart deserves a medal for organising the whole thing!

14. trumpetmike

Was good to finally meet you Peter - the hair was actually in my case, just in case I needed it, lol.

Charlie - I loved your playing - was worth being in the group just for The Day Thou Gavest, spine chilling!
  15. Highams

Highams Member

Very kind of you Mike, I appreciate that.

btw; was the threat of the wig coming out the reason for dropping Sing,Sing,Sing? (lol)