concert dvd

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by super_sop, Jun 15, 2005.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi folks i need your help!!!

at christmas our youth and junior band performed in their first ever christmas concert. i recorded the concert on my video camera.
    ive eddited the film giving iot a nice posh looking title etc.
    What i would like to do now is put it on to disc, and heres my problem!!!
    the software that came with the camera will only burn onto a VCD, and the file i have is to big to fit on it.
    is there a piece of software that i can use to convert the WMV. file into a file that will put it onto dvd?

hope you can help me out here.

frustrated of telford

2. gateway

gateway New Member

I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 to import from my DV Video camera and then edit the movies, which are then burned to DVD. This software will import .wmv (windows media files) but I have not used this option.

3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Yep, you need DVD authoring software, I got Ulead DVD Studio 7 bundled with my video camera. You can download this software I believe or pop in to PC World or the like. It is very reasonably priced, there are other bits of software that edit and author DVD's which are more expensive but have great effects on them.

AK

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I would recommend Nero and pinnacle Studio as both having excellent facilities for this kind of thing. Pinnaclle has loads of fancy effects, menus, titles and the like as well.

They are both fine if you don't want to get too technical.

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

problem im having at the moment is finding something to capture things properly, ive just done it using nero, and the sound is sot on, but the picture is jumpy. with windows movie maker the picture was spot on but the sound crackled!!!
    still its been fun so far, and ve seen myself conduct for the first.......2nd ..................umpteenth time!!!!!

bands sound good though when the sound works! i think i need to work on my anouncing thouhj!!!