Computer help pleeease!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by euphfanhan, Feb 23, 2006.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Ok guys, I have a fairly annoying problem....my idiotic siblings were playing some computer game this morning and have turned the entire screen on its side. So now the address bar and internet icons are running down the left hand side of the screen and the start menu is running down the right. If someone signs in on msn, the little alert thing comes from where it normally does, meaning it slides in from the top right hand corner.
    Can anyone help????? I have no idea what they did, they said they were just hitting a load of keys but I'm not sure. Someone please help or I'm doomed to stand with my head at 90 degrees (anticlockwise ;) ) for the rest of my life!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    idiotic siblings
    internet icons
    left hand
    computer game
    fairly annoying problem
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Two possible things spring to mind, and I can't make my mind up which is your problem ;)

If you start something like microsoft Word, does the screen look normal (so all the menu bars are at the top, and you can type normally)? If the answer to this is yes, then it sounds like all they've done is move the menu bars - so you can just pick it up and move it back with your mouse.

If the entire screen is rotated, press control, alt and one of the left or right arrow cursor keys until it goes back the right way....

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Left click and hold in an unused area of the Windows bar, then drag it to the top or bottom of the screen depending where you want the bar to appear...

5. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Yaaaaay! Mr KMJ Recordings guy, you're a genius :biggrin:

And yes, it was the second one :tongue: everything was topsy turvy (although you weren't 100% right, I had to use the up arrow, not left or right :rolleyes: )

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Depends on your graphics card ;)

7. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Ooh, sorry mr music man, didn't see that one! I'll try it next time though :biggrin:

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

S'ok... don't worry 'bout me, I have feelings... I can be hurt...:(

9. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Mr music man, just for you I will turn everything the wrong way up again and fix it your way :tongue: