Completely Gobmacked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Steve, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Being sad and lonely I have no one to share this with so I wanated to post it with the lovely folk of tMp.

I have spent 3hrs watching the documentary on the original Band Aid and have never been so inspired / moved / amazed / dumbfounded by anything in my life. Being too young to remember anything about this event it leaves me thinking surely there is nothing I can ever do that will be enough and I am truly thankful to have a gift in music that gives me a chance to bring some sort of universal enjoyment to people anywhere, anytime no matter how small the crowd or job. Actually started crying now, I pray that live 8 leaves me with half the feeling that a replay of the original does.

Thank you
  2. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yeah, I've just watched it too! I have been watching bbc 2 all night tonight, from Out of Africa (which was also good) through to Band Aid which was amazing! Must have been sooo awesome to have been a part of it. It makes you really appreciate what we have and how materialistic our lives are...
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

I'm told that I should really read Bob's (auto)biography "Is that it", which also has lots of insight into the planning of Band/Live Aid.

I was in the USA at the time, and but for having had a car crash would have driven down to Philidelphia, so made do with watching the (short!) US TV coverage...

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I watched nearly the whole thing live... was a totally fantastic day. I have the full concert recorded on many VHS tapes somewhere...

Freddie Mercury and Queen were simply breathtaking, no... they were outstanding to be honest. By far the best concert broadcast anywhere... at any time.
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Agreed John,

I was at a party that day and we had the telly on in the background so that people could watch it if they wanted...When Queen took the stage the party stopped while everyone sat and watched...Love him or loathe him he was the ultimate performer and they captivated that party for the entirety of their performance.

One magical musical moment I shall never forget.