Complete Noob Alert!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Greg1138, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Greg1138

Greg1138 New Member

Hi all - thought I'd pop on and say Hi.....have been browsing a lot looking for ideads on Cornet Solos so thought it only polite to say thanks and a How Ya Doin'....

Sadly my cornet solo hunt does not go well - nothing really "blowing my skirt up" at the moment, so any suggestions welcome! My favourites are Georgia on my Mind (which I finish on a Super-G), Virtuosity (complete with loads of mucking around and the Super-F on the end), Post Horn Gallop (on a post-horn, or hosepipe, or urinal, or chair-leg....you get the picture) and Share My Yoke (played sensibly and with lots of heart!). Any suggestions welcome!

Principal Cornet with a UK non-contesting band (and I like it that way!) and have no intentions to move....:biggrin:

Greg

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hi Greg.

Whats the post horn urinal finish on? - Super P?

I did try to conjure up a picture of you playing your urinal whilst balancing on a chairleg with a hosepipe blowing your skirt up, of course played sensibly and with heart :D
    That takes great virtuosity!

3. Greg1138

Greg1138 New Member

8) That joke's gonna get used now, you realise?

:D

4. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

It all sounds very impressive... and trumpetey. Are you a secret Winton? Fishing for compliments?Trying to impress us? (I have to admit, i am impressed!)
    :clap:

5. Greg1138

Greg1138 New Member

Hehe - nooooo - not a secret Winton (thank goodness!!) - just letting you experts out there know what I do in case any of you have any cool suggestions

:D