Community of the Year Awards from vBulletin.nl

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I tried to vote several times and it kept not accepting my e-mail address....i'll try with a different one, see what I can do!

2. ETinOhio

ETinOhio New Member

Tight Competition... and Having Fun...

All bravado aside. As an election season diversion, we are having a lot of fun with this and I hope your members are also. :) If the voting continues on its current path, the Mouthpiece and the AC will both be recipients of some free software and that isn't a bad thing.

May the best forum win... and that will be us. Vote For the Authentic Campaigner! ;)

Respectfully Submitted,

Eric Tipton
    Assistant Administrator
    The Authentic Campaigner

"Remember the Alamo!"

3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Don't envy you guys over there. If its anything like our own elections it must resemble something akin to "upperclass twit of the year" (Monty Python) and "The Price Is Right". Only without any sense of humour and much more depressing.... "So which idiot are we going to be lumbered with for the next 3-4 years"

4. Dan

Dan Member

Come on guys! We need to get 200 by Friday! Get your voting hats on! There must be more than 125 tMPers

:biggrin:

5. ETinOhio

ETinOhio New Member

A Question From the Ministry of Silly Walks

I would love to see the next presidential debate moderated by Palin and Cleese.

Sample Question:

"Senator Kerry, can you demonstrate to the voters why you believe you have the sillier walk?" :-D

Eric

6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

President Bush (in that slow patronising state-speak) : "That is not a silly walk. My fellow Americans will and can walk sillier than that and I'll show them how silly I can be by winning this election"

(foot meet mouth :D )

Could be fun!

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Dianamite and I voted yesterday and mailed in our absentee ballots. It is horrible that we couldn't wait until after the last of the debates, but they say you should mail them in the begining of October to make sure that they get in by election day.

P.S. We have both voted for tMP in the best bulletin challenge too, so others have to get it in gear because you are only supposed to vote once.

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

come on guys and gals, we are 20 votes behind in what is starting to turn into a 3 horse race (synergy are coming up on the outside).

lets show John and his team how much we apreciate all the work they are doing, by winning this competition.

vote now.

it only takes a few minuiets to register.

get over there now!

9. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

There seems to be a not insignificant amount of "rule bending" going on over there. One parcticular individual admitted to having voted 3 times!!

They're FAR too serious for their own good! (mind you some of us on here could well fall into that category).

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

In the rules for the vote it says each person is only to vote once and they have software that will go back and remove duplicate votes (presumably by looking at addresses or something), so hopefully, even if the pole says we are behind at the end, we'll get a nice little surprise.

I'm not against tattle-telling on them either ;)

11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Yey, I finally managed to vote for my favourite web-based community..... Hurray and good luck :)

12. JustRob

JustRob New Member

As the person mentioned in the quote above, I have a few comments.

First, as a point of clarification, I registered two votes, one from my home account and one from my school e-mail. The third account, my work e-mail, was kicked out by our e-mail filter, so it never registered.

Second, the moderator over at the A/C Forum has chastised my both publicly and privately for multiple voting. He has made it known in no uncertain terms that this must be a straight-up contest, and the other members of the forum have complied.

I am sorry for my overly zealous attempt to promote my forum. It was done out of a genuine desire to promote the A/C forum, but was clearly wrong, shortsighted, and uncharitable toward others.

Given the fact that exactly >one< person (myself) has engaged in multiple voting and the fact that the A/C/ moderator has announced that it is not to be done, the charge that there is "a not insignificant amount of 'rule bending' going on" is simply untrue.

I would ask you to accept my apology and to let both sides continue the contest in a spirit of fairness and honorable competition.

Sincerely,

Robert Carter

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice of you to apologise, very commendable - but I stand by what I said in my earlier post in this thread and in a PM to your Assistant Admin (who doesn't seem to have replied).

Oh... if you spot the 'last edited by me' in your ^ post - all I did was to click edit then save immediately. We have a current (and very weird) issue with the quote parser on tMP. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  14. JustRob

JustRob New Member

The only evidence you have of misdoings at the A/C Forum were my posts, and I have already disclosed the matter. Insisting that wrongdoing is going on without evidence doesn't make a great deal of sense. You're going to have to show something other than unfounded suspicions.

As for Paul Calloway, the A/C/ Forum Moderator, he gets an enormous number of PM's. I wouldn't take his failure to respond personally. Managing the A/C Forum is a royal pain most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  15. TheMusicMan

JustRob

Why do you seem to imply it is up to us to, and I quote... "show something other than etc..."...? It is not up to us to prove anything, I am sure the appropriate people can take whatever measures necessary to ensure the integrity of the competition.

I am sure Paul Calloway is very busy, gets masses of PM's and emails and managing A/C Forum is a royal pain most of the time... however, would you also believe that as Admin and Owner of a board with as A/C - well in excess of 3,000 members - I do to! I still reply promptly, courteously and personally to each and every one of them though.

16. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I doubt Mr Calloway has the Santa-Claus-esque time bending abilities that you possess, John :D

17. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I've just emailed 41 of my friends to help boost our votes;)

18. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Just to get away from the tMP - a/c thing for a moment:

I see that the Furious Angels Gaming Forum have NO votes at all - suggesting that not only do their members not think they are worth voting for, but presumably the person who submitted their list into the competition doesn't either !

19. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I see that Synergy have suddenly got a lot of fans as well.

20. TheMusicMan

Brilliant Alex... thanks for this. Keep pressing them, and tell them how much tMP means to you and how much you use the site.

Oh and don't forget - the prize of 6 months hosting applies to anyone - not just tMP'ers...:)