Community of the Year Awards from vBulletin.nl

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I think about 10 of them have voted so far, so hopefully we'll catch up with our rival ;)

2. PaulCalloway

PaulCalloway New Member

Eric is not Paul is not Eric

Hi, there are some posts referring to me in this thread so I thought I should register and answer, as best I can.

You may well have sent a PM to our Assistant Admin (Eric) but I (Paul Calloway) have received no such PM, on the AC, vbulletin.nl or here... especially here since I only registered a few minues ago.

All admins get busy, but I would have made every effort to return a PM if I had received one from you, John. Again, I think you sent that PM to Eric and not to me. I can't answer for Eric as to why he hasn't replied.

For my part, it's a fun competition and it's been enjoyable to watch some of the inter-forum banter, but I've been very clear with the A/C members that we need to play nice and play by the rules.

John - feel free to PM me or email me. I travel a great deal so my internet access can be spotty, but I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as Al Gore's internet will allow.

Great forum you all have here, Regards -
    Paul Calloway
    www.authentic-campaigner.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I've just done a bit of a mail out to a few friends... hopefully we can close the gap!!

May I recommend mass-mailing your address book with a plea for support... the site says you can even ask strangers to vote!

Something along the lines of "Hey, remember me? Remember about me being a bit of a band geek? Well I'm trying to help out this mate of mine by helping his site win a competition, so if you could bob along to this link http://www.vbulletin.nl/community/showthread.php?t=6561 and sign up and vote for theMouthPiece.com that'd be great!"

5. Jan H

We are now about to loose our 2nd place to synergy!!!!!!!
    Everybody who hasn't voted yet, please do so now!!!!!!!

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ok so o go away on me holibobs and you all go and let synergy catch us up and we are still behind the AC forum!.

why are you not voting??????

get over there NOW!

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

The tally is now

AC 153
    Synergy 146
    tMP 145

Bad news is we fell to third place. Good news is we are still gaining on first. I know there have been more than 9 new tMP members since nationals, so sign up and vote for tMP and we can take the lead!!

8. Jan H

more bad news: there is another forum called "Urban75" that has been gattering a lot of votes lately. And they have 12000+ members... :eek:

9. urban ambassador

urban ambassador New Member

Fraternal greetings

Fraternal greetings from the People's Republic of Urban 75. Nice place you've got here.
    You're welcome any time over our way for tea, hobnobs, and the usual fractious uproar, but remember those mutes and easy on the brasso.
    Good luck in the poll. :)

10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

If they suffer from as much voter apathy as we seem to I don't think there's likely to be a problem! :evil:

11. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

12. urban ambassador

Still down in fourth. Synergy and the civil war folks are slipping away- better get on the case if you don't want to let them... :)

13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

We're just waiting for the final push!

14. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'm v. suspicious of the VBulletin Competition, I can't see how some forums can just magically get so many votes so fast...:-?

15. urban ambassador

One has done it by having a frightening number of regular posters being asked politely to vote. Can't vouch for any of the others.

16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I wouldn't doubt urban ambassador (with its 10,000 members :shock: )

17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

urban75 - a community that goes to the pub together 279
    Synergy Forums - ... Two Forces... One Power... 262
    The Authentic Campaigner - A Website for the Authentic Civil War Living Historian
    theMouthPiece.com - family friendly oriented brass forum 161

We might be losing ground on 1st and 2nd place, but there are prizes for 3rd place. None for 4th!