commissioning new music for centenary

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by satchmo shaz, May 1, 2005.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Hi guys, Its our bands centenary next year and we want to make it special so we were thinking of commisioninhg a new peice , maybe a march so............ can you give me an idea of what it costs and are there any budding composers out there willing to have a bash;)
    We also want to do a CD, have a reunion concert, go to the Whit marches etc

any other ideas?

cheers Shaz
  2. satchmo shaz

Hi, thanks to those who have been in touch, I will talk to our committee and let you know whats happening soon

Also its been suggested that we get some lapel badges for the centenary, any ideas where to get them?
  3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Given the apparent success of the recent "tMP" March competition, would it not make more sense to sponsor a similar competition? That way, you might end up with several suitable pieces rather than just one ...
  4. satchmo shaz

Just to let you all know, Will the Sec has written a fabulous march for us called "The Long Eaton"

thanks Will:clap: :biggrin:
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Does that mean you have to play all the repeats?

Glad to hear you've had a good response. Martin Cordner wrote a march for the opening of our new hall - "Temple Vision" - that has been for our exclusive use until now, but which is due to be published later this year.
  6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

We got a good deal on lapel badges and they are top quality as well I shall ask our Band Manager where we got them :tup
  7. satchmo shaz

definately ALL the repeats!:biggrin:
  8. satchmo shaz

oh yes please, we have had a couple of quotes but they are a bit expensive
  9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

No! Sonata form. No repeats on the DC!

10. satchmo shaz

nah I dont do repeats on DC ;)