Coming to Scotland In October for Holiday Bands?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ian perks, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

My Fiance and i are coming to Scotland for our holiday in October we are stopping not far from Dundee -Glamis.
    Dundee is the nearest town to where we will be.
    Is there any bands in that area we might be able to have a blow with at all.
    Many thanks for help

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

In Dundee You have City of Discovery(2nd) and Dundee Instrumental(3rd). Over the bridge there is Tayport(3rd) and north of Dundee you have Arbroath Instrumental (1st). A bit further afield in Fife you have Kingdom Brass (Champ), Tullis Russell (2nd), Dunfermline Town (3rd) and Buckhaven (3rd). I can assure you of a warm welcome at 1st section Lochgelly.

The Fife Association contest is being held on 4th October at the Adam Smith theatre in kirkcaldy.

3. dundee_horn

dundee_horn New Member

You would be more than welcome at Dundee Instrumental and i'm sure at Discovery too. Dundee Instrumental practice on Thursday nights and Discovery on Sunday and Wednesday nights

4. bbg

bbg Member

Perthshire Brass (2nd) rehearse Sunday evenings in Balbeggie, a village about 6 miles north of Perth so easily reached from Glamis in about a 30 minutes drive - closer than any of the Fife bands that John mentioned earlier. Indeed strikes me that if you are really keen you could probably attend a rehearsal practically every night for a week without travelling more than an hour each way!

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Apologies, I forgot how close Perth was to Dundee.