Coming to Royal Holloway, Brunel or London? Egham Band need cornets and a bass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Owen S, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Owen S

Owen S Member

We are a friendly first section band based in Egham, Surrey. We're particularly looking for cornets and a bass to complete our contesting band, but all players are welcome.

We are fortunate to own our purpose-built rehearsal hall, located close to Egham railway station and Junction 13 of the M25, and only a short walk from the Royal Holloway campus. Egham station is only half an hour travel from London, and players can be met at London Waterloo. We rehearse on Monday and Friday from 8 to 10pm, usually followed by a few drinks in our bar upstairs afterwards.

We will be playing several local concerts and events in the coming months, and we are also planning to play at the qualifiers, Butlins Mineworkers' and Whit Friday next year. Check our website for pictures of the band at the Bugle contest in Cornwall this year.

If you would be interested in joining us, please contact our Musical Director, Gareth Green on (01784) 430508 or email musical.director@eghamband.co.uk. Alternatively, PM GJG or myself here for more information.

Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Royal Holloway
    London
    Egham
    railway station
    travel
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

They really are quite a friendly group and if you are in the area would be worth the trip!

4. Owen S

Owen S Member

Thanks Pat, very kind of you to say so. I'm glad you had a good time with us at Bugle, even if I wasn't there. :D

5. Owen S

Owen S Member

One of the cornet spots has now been filled, but we're still looking for one more cornet and a bass.

Thanks.