Coming to Leeds Uni?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by i love my trombone, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Are you starting at, or returning to Leeds University this September? If so, Leeds University Music Society Brass Band would love to hear from you!

We are a friendly band with players of all standards and experience - everyone is welcome and we play a wide variety of music so there's something for everyone. We rehearse once a week for two hours, and perform concerts within the Music Society concert series each semester. Last year we played host to bands from Warwick and Durham Universities for a weekend of playing and fun and hope to do something similar again this year.

Many of our players also play in local bands too but while we do expect commitment, LUUMS band is an ideal way of keeping your playing going even if banding is not your main focus! And band is usually followed by a trip to the pub, or a curry, or both!

If you're interested, sign up to the Music Society at the Freshers Fair, and feel free to post here or PM me for any more details.

2. rowkseat141

rowkseat141 New Member

I play the Bass either Bb or Eb and I am going to Leeds this term, staying in Devonshire Hall. I do not own my own Tuba though.