Comic Relief - have a laugh and raise some money

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The view from the Chair, Mar 3, 2009.

1. I'm having my beard shaved off for Comic Relief. No-one in the Banding world, nor where I work has ever seen me clean-shaven, and the last time my wife saw me beardless I was still a teenager. It is our 30th Wedding Anniversary today and I have had my beard for 33 years.

Comic Relief's vision is to create a just world, free from poverty. The charity's mission is to drive positive change through the power of entertainment. Losing my beard for such a worthy cause is a tiny price to pay and should give quite a few people a giggle.

In Banding we all struggle to raise funds, but there are people in this world immeasurably worse off than most of us could possibly imagine and I urge my fellow Banders, Chairmen, and tmpers to "Do something funny for money".

To see my "before" pictures {The even scarier "after" pictures will follow in a few days} visit http://www.myrednoseday.com/howarderskine or just visit rednoseday.com and if you are not raising money for anything yourself, click on Sponsor Someone and enter my name in the Fundraiser Name box.

If you want to come and giggle at me in person, I will be sitting through all the 4th section at the Midlands Areas at Bedworth on 15/3/2009. I will be somewhere near the front in an "I'm supporting Whitwell" shirt. (I will change it for a Comic Relief t-shirt, complete with red nose as soon as the last Band has played.)

2. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Well done you! Looking forward to seeing the after piccies! Have sponsored you, and hope that other tMPrs will support the event too. The Red Nose Day website is great and full of ways to help. :biggrin:

We're doing our bit at work by dressing up as Mr Men and Little Misses, the theme for this year - was hoping that a former boss of mine would let me pluck his facial hair one by one with a pair of tweezers, but he said no...! Can't think why not... :wink:

3. I can, so put those tweezers away. In any case the beard is now no more. 3 pictures (1 before, 1 during, 1 after) and a 2 part video are up on the website.

Sat watching Comic Relief as I type.