Come on, Own up, Do you wear any?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Dec 7, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

How many of us wear those bloomin awful lookin sovereign rings?? Does anyone actually think they look good???

They just look completely ridiculous to me.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bloomin awful lookin sovereign rings
    us
    Come
    Does
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I have a signet ring, but it isn't a sovereign, which I agree look dire. The word "chav" springs to mind, along with an episode of the Royle Family where one is given as an 18th birthday present to Anthony.

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

I've heard that the King of Chavs, Mr. Wayne Rooney has one:

Attached Files:

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wow! That's soo tacky! :d

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Jonathan has a Liverpool signet ring, which brought him a bit of stick from a couple of Arsenal supporters on the train on his way into work on Saturday evening . . . until he uttered the magical words: "Bolton Wanderers" ;)

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I owned one when I was about 17...

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Tackier than tackety boots... Have always hated them, and those ridiculous identity bracelet things. Not sure about men in jewellery anyway, although a nice understated earring can look cool. Sometimes. Depends on the man.
    Will I'm ashamed for you...
    BMB
    xx

9. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

There is a guy who works for me who wears 3!!! yes 3 of the swines.

2 full and one half!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And to make matters even more chavvy all three have Middlesbrough FC soverigns in them. ( not neccesarrly a traditional one.) but they still scream CHAVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I confiscate them daily from lads and lassies. Obviously wearing one huge ring on each finger is soooooooooo classy!! Some even wear 2 sovvy rings on each finger and wrap sellotape around the back so it fits. Luuuuvly!! All I can say is I'm glad my school have a no jewellery policy else the kids wouldn't be able to grip their pens.

11. they are truly awful!! im dressing up as a chav for our christmas concert and im thinking of getting one to wear but i dont think i could cope wearing one, it sends shivers down my spine!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bloomin awful lookin sovereign rings
    us
    Come
    Does
  13. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

ewww the thought of dressing as a chav makes me feel faint

the rings are dreadful - nationwide ban please!!!

14. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I wear 4 rings!! How can you ban them? :sup I'm lost without them!! I feel so bare! :tongue: They never come off.

None of them are tacky though.. well maybe one of them is.. :rolleyes: the other 3 aren't though! :biggrin:

15. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

And they're not signet ones either.;). I got 2 hearty ones, a dolphin one and a music one! :biggrin::tongue:

16. dyl

dyl Active Member

So...........which one exactly do you class as tacky?

;)

17. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Yes I wear one on each finger whilst giving a one-finger salute to everyone I know. I also wear rockport tracksuits and burberry caps, and on my nights off, I steal cars and race them.

Oh wait, thats not me, its Michael Carroll, so-called "King Of Chavs" :oops:

Ho-hum

Andy

18. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Jimmy Carr's new dvd says something along the lines of... "Men with an earring in their right ear meant they were gay, if it was in the left meant your name was Wayne and you lived on a council estate!"

I'll stop now.

Andy, just remembering his girlfriend's birthday at stupid o'clock oops!

19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

And if girls wore an ankle chain on your left ankle it meant you were a prostitute, and if you wore two earrings in one ear it meant you were a lesbian...
    Was never quite sure about that whole issue. It only means something to those who think they know what it means. If you follow...
    BMB
    xx

20. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Rings like that automatically make me think of chavs. I see people walking round town with 2 on each finger :eek: They look so tacky it's unbelievable. The worst thing is they think they look good!!

21. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've got a soveriegn ring that my Dad bought me for my 21st. I'm probably the least 'Chav' like person around. I don't wear it all the time and I've got quite big hands, so it doesn't look too stupid.

22. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

'A' Sovereign ring - i.e. just the one - may or may not be tacky, according to taste. Your choice.

A handful, I feel, is a knuckleduster, and should be treated as such. A friend of mine was hospitalised after being assaulted - part of the evidence against one of the accused was the imprints of 2 sov rings and 1 'skull & x-bones' ring which could be seen in the bruises on the victim's face.

There's jewelry, and there's weaponry.... :(