come on guys, check em!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Nov 27, 2007.

Have you checked?

1. yes i do regularly

16 vote(s)
  2. not in the past but will do now

3 vote(s)
  3. I don't have any to check (females obviously!!)

9 vote(s)
  1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Do you check them?????

This weekend at the Everton game Mr testicles made an appearance. What was it about? Bring awareness to us fellas about cancer of the “nether” regions! So barring in mind there are so many blokes on here, I thought I’d bring it to our attention.

Do you check yours? If not why not??
    As soft and embarrassing as this sounds, its easy to do but few of us check.

This time last year, I had a scare myself when I found a lump that shouldn’t have been there.
    I sat and stewed for a few weeks, being ever so embarrassed to go to the docs, got myself in a right state. But off I went and (lucky for me) got the all clear! But it could have been so different!.

So the point of this post.?

Get upstairs and check now! Its so simple to do, but its something that most of us don’t.

AND!!!! Don’t be like me, and put off going to the quacks. Get down there straight away.

As the doctor said to me, its a hell of a lot more uncomfortable for him, that it was me!!!!

Oh here’s a few sites for more info.

link one
    link two
  2. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I check.

I found myself at the docs a couple of years ago, which resulted in a visit to the hospital and an ultrasound test. All clear though which is good. Turned out to be cysts, which are common and harmless apparently!!! Scary though.

If you don't want to examine yourself - get a friend to help!! :tongue:
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

My girlfriend is a nurse and checks them for me regularly. As a professional courtesy of course ;)

All blokes should do this little check frequently of course. If you don't? Well, chances are you'll be OK but you may miss a lump which could cause you to not have anything to check. Or worse - could cause you to check out.

As Robbie Williams used to say on the telly - "Check 'em out!"
  4. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Surprisingly few contributions to this thread. Considering how many people are so keen to talk bo****ks on other threads here, we might have expected more!! :biggrin:

(only joking)
  5. super_sop

lol, i thought the same!
    might see about adding a poll.

i suppose the main thing is, that so far 129 people have looked at the thread, so thats 129 folks who can pass on the message, whether it be to check themselves, or if its a partner they check their hubby/boyfriend!
  6. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

True. I appreciate that not everyone wants to talk about it - especially on a public forum.
    That said, I still think the fact that so few people share an opinion, is a sad reflection of how many actually take it seriously. (ie. seriously enough to check themselves).

I lost a mate at college through testicular cancer. He'd just turned 20. Makes you re-evaluate your life somewhat.
  7. super_sop

Sorry to hear about your mate, must have made it pretty ****** scary when you found your cysts.
    it does just go to show though that it can catch you at an early age, and if not checked, well least said the better.

anyway, poll added
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not to mention sausages! ;)

Seriously, I've gone through two scares of my own - so know personally how important it is to 'check yourself' for want of a better phrase. :oops:

However, the fact that not many are posting in this thread is neither here nor there - the important thing is that they check - posting about it on an internet forum ain't gonna change much - the important thing is that blokes look after themselves.
  9. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Please don't associate me with the sausage man. We might play in the same band, but we don't share the same taste in sausage - if you pardon the expression.

My post was more of an observation about men's willingness to talk about such things. I'm not criticising folk for not posting!! I consider it a thought provoking thread - and if it provokes a few thoughts - that's a result in my book.
  10. dyl

dyl Active Member

Absolutely. :tup

And I can't associate anyone with the sausage man - he's unique! ;)
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

If you'll permit a comment from a lady (where?!) then I say :clap: for the thread. We hear a lot about ladies lumps - if you'll pardon the expression, but very little about gentlemen's extras.
    I know people who've had the all-clear and the not-so-clear, but the fact that it was caught early meant he survived.
    Really boys, they're not so special, you've all got them, and trust me, one way or another your doctor has almost certainly seen one before...:rolleyes:
  12. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

So, anyone had a good grope lately?
  13. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Yes indeed a thread to make one think and then go check, it ain't difficult.
    Might be a bit worrying to find something totally different though.
    A bit like the guy with long hair who eventually decided to have it cut. He sat in the barbers chair and the scissors went to work, after a while the barber asked "Did you go to St James school?" The guy said "Yes how did you know?"
    The barber replied-
    "I just found your school cap under here":D:D
  14. glidng_slide

glidng_slide Member

Are you suggesting we have to shave before we do this, cos if thats the case am off there first. And to prove it I have included a pic, although it was only when checking that I hadnt shaved in this pic that I saw something more relative to this thread......folded umbrellas!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yep, check em regularly. Gotta keep the old love spuds healthy.
  16. I'll get the wife to check mine tonight - and as previously mentioned in another post, purely for medical purposes only!:biggrin:

Do we have to report back on how the 'grope' went?
    Last edited: May 29, 2008