Come Dine with me?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DMBabe, Jan 5, 2011.

1. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

No, it's not an offer..... but here I am watching "Come Dine with me" and a brass band comes on in the background playing some Gilbert & Sullivan cheese..... possibly the ironically titled "New Sullivan Selection".

Anyone else see it and know who it is and if I'm right?

Sorry..... random but just wondering. Another example of the media displaying brass bands as old hat cliche?
  2. nigeb12

nigeb12 Member

Could be mistaken but I think Bollington Band appeared on an episode. They were filmed marching.
  3. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Gilbert and Sullivan cheese? When I first saw those words I assumed you were setting up an ISIHAC-type game. The best I can manage is
    • Loudly let the trumpet Brie
    • Here's a Gouda-y-do
    • We sail the ocean blue Vinny
    • and of course, their less successful operetta Princess Odour
  4. BoBo

BoBo Member

Bollington did appear very briefly a year or so ago but not playing G&S, so must be another band
  5. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Should clarify it was backing music not an actual band...... still more fromagey than a cheeseboard doused in fondue though.
  7. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Was it Cheese and Pineapple Poll?

Or even the Gon-Dairylea-ers??
  8. James Yelland

I was also going to include 'I'm called little Buttercup' but I thought that might be stretching the dairy theme too far.
  9. James Yelland

You're not related to Iwan Fox by any chance, are you?
  10. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hush your mouth! :eek: I'm pretty sure 4brasvest wouldn't have my brand of literary stylings anyhoo..... the words "Black Dyke are the bestest band in the universe ever" are not in my remit..... I don't give a monkeys about which band is "the best", I just like banter and social craic and my ears not to bleed after a performance (and not to suffer "school band shoulder" is a bonus too). ;)
  11. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

No job for you there then.....Unless you happen to have a sycophantic love of all bands Welsh (even just Cory or Tred would do!)? ;)

What about a Brass Band Come Dine With Me? Which Brass Band celebrities would you invite and what would you serve them.