Coloured Trumpets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by James McFadyen, Feb 16, 2004.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

In the near future I'm looking to buy a coloured trumpet, either blue or red.

Yamaha make a few for around £250

I'm not after any thing too expensive, but I so wanna buy a coloured trumpet!!! :lol:

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any models and there approximate cost.

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Someone told me Yamaha make a few for around £250. ;) :roll:

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i've seen pink trumpets, black trumpets, blue trumpets...

i just want my trombone in black, with the engraving picked out in red... then i'd be happy!

4. euphemism

euphemism Member

Speak to Satchmo Shaz....

In our dance band -- we have pink, blue and red trumpets ...I know a couple of them came over from the USA - total cost £130 or so - but Shazzie will have the details

5. James McFadyen

Cheers! The pink is tempting! ;) :)

Na, I think I'll stick to red or blue. I saw a concert on the performance channel of Mark Isham playing a red one, and I thought, I gotta have one of those!

6. jambo

jambo Member

From when I used to work for a music shop I seem to remember that Jupiter used to do the colored toys too.
    They look pretty but r you really gonna use them other than for a gimmick?
    They're awful to play!

7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I've got an Olds Studio thats been customised.PINK! it blows well too! :wink:

Theres a guy JP brass I think and he will laquer in any colour you like! 8)

8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i would love a PINK or a BLUE cornet!!! i think it would be damned funky! :p

9. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I want a pink horn :cry:

10. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Amati make their student models in just about every colour of the rainbow and a few i think mother nature left out, all for around the £175 mark.

But if it's for anything other than say a comedy routine on stage then I wouldn't bother, because the Amati's are awful if the one I learnt on is anything to go by.

The Martin Committee in red, as made legendary by Miles Davis is available for around £2,500 but obviously that is only if you want a good trumpet that is red, and not just a trumpet that is red for the cool factor like I mentioned before, like comedy routines etc

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Yamaha
    Coloured Trumpets
    wanna
    models
    approximate cost
  12. Salli

Salli Member

13. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I want a blue trombone now. Sure the band won't mind their instrument changing colour (wouldn't do it to mine :? ), could even get it to match my hair!!! :wink: :lol:

14. Bones

Bones Member

Do that and you're sacked forthwith.

Mind you that's only cos in order for my trombone to match my hair it would have to be grey.

Chortle.

15. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'm sure a lovely pink flugel would be ideal in tHB. Come to think of it, until our new (male) 1st horn joined us the horns had a habit of all turning up to rehearsal in varying shades of red and pink so I'm sure given time all will be converted! :)

Rach x

16. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Bless! :p

A grey trombone wouldn't be quite right, it would mess up the effect of the blue one! Tell you what, I'll bring some dye with me on Thursday, then we can have matching hair and trombones!! :shock: :D

17. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

18. James McFadyen

Thanks Dawny!

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Coloured trumpets? If you have a trumpet already why not just paint it black and white? The licence will be much cheaper! ;-) ;-)

20. James McFadyen

I can barely contain my laughter! :wink: Sounds more like a PeterBale joke! :lol: