Coloured Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by michellegarbutt, Jan 19, 2005.

1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We have a young tenor horn player in our band who desperately wants a coloured mouthpiece. Does anyone know where she can buy one.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    Coloured Mouthpiece
    young tenor horn player
    Does
  3. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

4. Di

Di Active Member

Nope, they don't have a tenor horn one ready yet. :(

5. groovy

groovy Active Member

Our band are purchasing a mellophone one with the thought it may fit flugel/t horn, or at the very least look pretty. When they arrive will get back to you on that.

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Are the coloured ones actualy any good?

7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Yes.

I own a number of the Kelly mouthpieces and have been very impressed with them so far. The outstanding ones have been the cornet mouthpieces (modelled after the Wick 4B). I have done tests on these, comparing them with the original Wick mouthpieces and the difference is minimal. The person I was conducting these tests with (initials DW - work it out ;) ) was also very impressed and surprised with the sound they produced.

A professional trombonist friend is now using a Kelly mouthpiece almost exclusively (he says it is more comfortable than his regular model) and I know a few tuba players who have been known to produce them for outdoor gigs.

8. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Yeah, the plastic mouthpieces are great. I use one for outdoor jobs and for marching band. They produce virtually the same sound as metal mouthpieces, but are more comfortable on your lips and look cool. They are also very reasonably priced.

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

WHEN SOMEONE FINDS OUT WHERE TO GET THEM CAN THEY TELL THE MODS BECAUSE MYSELF, SUPER_SOP AND HBB ARE STILL WAITING FOR OURS!!!!

DINIE...I THINK THE TIME IS RIGHT TO USE YOUR WILY MOTHERY WAYS ON THESE PEOPLE!! :-D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  10. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

What are you after (instrument wise)?

11. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    Coloured Mouthpiece
    young tenor horn player
    Does
  13. BigMal

BigMal New Member

You are going to Butlins this weekend, so if they are available, one of the trade stands will have them.

I got mine from one of the trade stands at the Europeans in Glasgow last year, but I cannot remember which one.

See you tonight!!

14. Patkin

Patkin New Member

15. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Thanks everyone but looks like they're just not available for tenor horns yet

16. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

I bought a purple Cornet one from john myatt.. http://www.myatt.co.uk/index.htm ... although it doesn't look like they do tenor horn ones from there.. sorry!

17. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I doubt they will be at all, kelly are an american mouthpiece manufacturer and concentrate on orchestral instrument mouthpieces.

18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I just took delivery of a couple of rather fetching bass ones. Nowhere in the accompanying literature does it mention tenor horns :shock: Maybe they aren't ever going to do one :shock: ;)

MWAhahahahahahahaaaaaa!

19. jpbray

jpbray Member

Sounds like a trip to Halfords and a can of car spray paint. :p :p

20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Its not fair why dont they do them for tenor horns they so shuld horns are the best!
    Im annoyed now :x :mad: and upset :cry: :-(

21. HBB

HBB Active Member

They're in the 'pipe'line ;)

22. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

the wot wot? :-?