College!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by I iNNoCeNt EyEs I, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

Just so you all understand me, I'm 18, left school in 2004, went to college.. but at the beginning of this year got let off from college due to having time off sick, which then I found out I had a medical problem which was causing me to be ill all the time. So anyway, I got a job as an unqualified Nursery Nurse and I absolutely love it. I went for an interview at Huddersfield Technical College in May, and have just had a phone call from them confirming that I have got my place in a 1 year part time course for an NVQ2 in Childcare.. which means I can still work at the same place for my placement aswell.

My rants over now... but I just had to share it because I'm all excited now! :biggrin:

Lucy x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band concert
    Sunday night
    College
    Ooooh
    weekend
  3. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

ooh well done you :clap: im off to uni to do a degree in Children's nursing in September, so we'll both be looking after little kiddies!! ooh so exciting! well done again! x

4. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: really pleased for you :clap: :clap: :clap:

5. Thank youuuu! I'm all smiley now lol. Cos when I got let off from the other college, I thought I'd lost my chances of working with kids, which is what I've always wanted to do.. and I went all down and miserable.. but now... WOOHOOOOOOOOO :biggrin::biggrin: *breathes* lol x

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well done :clap: and don't forget you can always get loads of childcare practice watching over Marsden band after a contest :tup

7. You lot scare me off of working with children :tongue:

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

YAY!! Well done!! You could always come and be resident child care type person at Emley...we've got hundreds of the little blighters.!! :-?

9. I know I said I love it.. but I didn't mean THAT much! :tongue: Saturday and Sunday are me days from now on. That means NO little children! :tongue:

10. Di

Di Active Member

Congratulations. :clap: I hope you're illness has got itself sorted too.

11. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

ya most of them belong to you & Debs ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band concert
    Sunday night
    College
    Ooooh
    weekend
  13. Thank you! :) It's only an underactive thiroid... just means I have to take tablets for the rest of my life now!

14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i got diagnosed with that a couple of years ago, then it went away.. and im all fine now. which is apparently strange. yeah... i dunno why it went away, although i do go through phases where i refuse to take any medication whatsoever..
    oh well, i know how it all feels anywayz.. its abit rubbish.

15. I keep forgetting my medication.. supposed to take one tablet a day at the moment and lately I think I've had 4/5 tablets in the last 3 weeks... ooooops. lol. I feel alright thought so.. no harm done! :D

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That explains a lot!!!! :tongue: :biggrin:

17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hey go you! Well done.... I'm sure you'll enjoy it lots! I love working with little kids.... until I ******ed up my ankle I went to a infant school near me every wednesday in a year 2 class.... the kids are utterly fantastic and I miss them so much!

I'm hoping to go to 'proper uni' in september..... last september I started a foundation degree in early childhood studies at my local college of further education.... but its boring.... and not what I wanted to do.... I want to learn how to be a teacher!

So with a bit of luck plymouth uni should have my application form today... as my lovely tutor emailed me yesterday to confirm that she'd posted it on after doing my reference.... just gotta wait now!

Good Luck with course though!
    Fifi
    xxx

18. Thank you! Good luck to you too! xxx

And, Dave.. quiet you, it's your fault I'm mad, nothing to do with me not taking my medication! :tongue:

19. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Sounds perfect!! Congratulations and good luck! :clap: :biggrin:

Woohoo! Good luck with that! Plymouth uni's a good one! Would you actually be based in Plymouth? Or Exmouth - because Exmouth's an even better place to be! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

20. Thanks Liz!
    My mates dragged me out celebrating... 3 j2o's at Marsden bandroom.... hmmm, not quite my idea of celebrating.. but oh well, I'm happy anyway! :D

21. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Exmouth! I've applied for Kelly's course! Its exciting! I just have to wait now! Which is scary!

22. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

YAY!!! You'll be fine! See you in September! :biggrin: