Codeine...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, May 27, 2005.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Bizarre thread I know....but has anyone else ever taken dihydrocodeine?

Neuralgia has come back with a vengeance and the doc's trying me on it - one minute I'm hyper then I can just fall asleep for 4 hours!!!! :eek:

Is this normal????

(Yes I know I'm a medical person but this is a weird sensation - all sorta warm and fuzzy without alcohol!)

Rach x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Neuralgia
    vengeance
    weird sensation -
    alcohol
    sorta warm
  3. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I have taken it before and i become totally crazy! even more than normal (and thats bad);)

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Listed among the side effects of dihydrocodeine is decreased or increased physical activity - which is interesting in itself.

I've had it before post back-surgery and for severe infective tonsillitis - it's like having an out of body experience :D

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm feeling relatively normal on mine, now I've got the dosage down to a manageable level that is. II try to take the bulk of mine at night, although I have to get dosed up before seeing the nurse to change the dressing (don't ask, you really, really, don't want to know.) Am a bit lethargic, and for the first week I mostly slept. I just put it down to the after-effects of morphine and a general anaesthetic.

Mind you, did go mad in the kitchen today, cleaned the floor and the cooker, then had to go and sunbathe for the rest of the day to get over it. This is normal behaviour for me.

Hope nasty neuralgia (not shoulder thing!) goes away soon.
    Love, BMB
    xxoxx

6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

when i was takin it for a bit i was fallin asleep all the time... was quite interesting in school with me being incredibly sleepy every lesson.. its amazing how comfy desks can be

7. flower girl

flower girl Member

be grateful thats the only side effects u've got. one of the side effecs is mild insomnia. i only slept for 3 hours per night. 'mild'..ha!