Cobb's job.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Aidan, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Dunno if it's been said anywhere yet, or if it's in the public domain...

but awesome congratulations to Phil, absolutely immense!!
  2. Active Member

3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Wow! That is fantastic.:clap:
  4. SallyArmyBando

SallyArmyBando New Member

Congratulations to Phil. He is a Phenominal trumpet/cornet player. I recently went to see him play with Hendon Salvation Army Band, and I have to admit, he was the best trumpet player I have ever heard Live. A Wonderful God given talent.
  5. Active Member

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I first heard Philip when he played Peter Graham's "Quicksilver" with his brother Matthew at the Regent Hall in his early teens. Even then it was clear he had a tremendous talent and could go along way if he kept at it, but to secure such a position at such a young age is a great opportunity.

If he has such a long career as Maurice Murphy we should expect ever greater things in the coming years!
  7. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I seem to overlook these kind of threads and start my own! Congratulations to Philip!! Well done on becoming joint Principal with the LSO, whose anniversary falls on the same day as my birthday! I have been a fan of them since the days of Andre Previn
  8. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Congratulations to Philip Cobb. I first heard him sat on 4th trumpet in the LPO a couple of years back - I felt very old as his Great Uncle, John Cobb used to be the Orchestral Manager there.

Sliding into Maurice Murphy's shoes can't be easy, but obviously Philip has the right attitude and temperament to do it - along with outstanding ability.

And he's a nice chap too!