Coach Trips

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, May 25, 2004.

?

Have you been on a bus with working bog taps?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. You're 'avin a laarf aren't ya...they NEVA work.

25.0%
  1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Has anybody, ANYWHERE,...EVER, been on a coach that has had running water in the bog sink????

I think they just put pretend taps there just to make it look like the bus was once posh.
    It bugs the life out of me...you've been on the bus for ages, it's swaying about while you're trying to do... what you do in toilets, inevitably there's gonna be some spillage (aspecially after the customery eleventeen bottles of ale) and when you turn to wash your hands THEY NEVER BLEEDIN WORK!!!! :evil: :evil:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bus
    water
    aspecially
    customery eleventeen bottles of ale
    spillage
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I think I might have once, although it could have just been a wonderful dream...

4. six pints

six pints Active Member

no, not even on 36 hr bus to italy

5. I don't think I've ever used a toiled on a bus!

I'm going to Alton Towers overnight tonight with 40 pupils and I'm really hoping there is not a toilet on the bus and that could get quite annoying!

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

..... and smelly

7. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

We didn't have a toilet on the area coach, which i got rather distressed about approximately two thirds of the way home. Fortunately we did have an empty milk bottle and an empty lager tin. And I even managed not to circumcise myself. That's skill.

8. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones that has had the experience of running water in a coach bog! It was on the band coach coming back from Spennymoor last year. Needless to say the floor in the loo was quite wet, but not sure if that was just the water. :?
    If I remeber rightly the tea and coffee machine was working as well...luxury! :D

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

:shock: I was certain they were just for show!! NEVER have I seen one of those things actual dispence a drink!

10. deave

deave Member

Sellers bus on the way back from scottish open seemed to work well......... :oops:

11. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

It's not likely, believe.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bus
    water
    aspecially
    customery eleventeen bottles of ale
    spillage
  13. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i've never used the loo in a coach.... never needed to really. so i cant say.
    i can tell you that the coffee machine NEVER works, on any of them!!!

i reckon they were only put there to cover some locker where the coach driver keeps the bodies of his latest victims...

*feels horror best seller coming on and runs off for pen...*

14. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

We thought we'd all done well when we managed to bag the back seats on the last band tour, until people got over the "i don't want to be the 1st one to use the toilet" dilema and started coming in droves... wasn;t a nice smell... but i think the taps did work... and the lights in there, and i do believe we even had soap so wasnt all bad!

15. bitmore

bitmore New Member

Spent many a weekend on the Marsden Band bus - they used to have hot and cold running blondes. Can't fault that!

16. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Coach Toilets

We have had some interesting experiences with our European tours and the coach toilets.

Germany/Italy 2000 - got so smelly that the band doctor certified it unsafe for human use. Asked the drivers why they had not emptied the thing but they didn't know anywhere that they could legally do this (something to do with the colour of the cleaning gunge). They knew somewhere in Reims that could accept the effluent - unfortunately we were near Munich at the time. Emptied in layby near Koblenzka and on French motorway when it started to rain. Sent volunteer in to remove the toilet plug as we travelled up a hill. Serious amount of gunk on cars travelling behind us. (Coach company was Days - never using them again)

Belgium/France 2002 - same problem with finding somewhere to dump it - layby in France on way back sorted this one out - bit of a theme with us creping on the French.

Belgium 2003 - had a brilliant coach company (Fraser Eagle from Preston) and would highly recommend them to any other bands -sensible disposals and asked band to limit use to emergency or too much beer only. Even better is that driver also plays cornet and has played in bands - knows exactly what to expect.

Holland 2004 - we await this one with interest.

17. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Re: Coach Toilets

Don't fear mate - I've never been on a band bus without some manner of incident occurring...

18. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Well yes, but when u need the loo after drinking at a contest you just have to get on with it! At least the light was working as well, prob helped to make sure the floor wasn't completely flooded! :shock: :D