Close up Crocodile shot...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 22, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Been so freeking busy here in J'brg that during lunchtime yesterday I decided I'd had enough, and went and spent an hour or so at the Johannesburg Zoo. It's only the equivalent of £2.50 to get in, and it's quite a massive place. I wanted to hire a buggy as I only intended to have a browse around for some nice animal pics, but they wouldn't let me hire one as I didn't have my drivers license with me!!! phah!

Anyway, managed to get this nice close up shot of a crocodile. Was only a juvenile around 5' long, but the close up angle of this seems to work nicely.

You like...?

[​IMG]

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Gaaah!
    Now I'm going to have nasty dreams...
    That is stupendous. Dare I ask how (and indeed WHY) you got so close to a frickin' croc?!?
    BMB
    xx

3. TheMusicMan

Hey BMB, they were in an enclosure which was only 4' high and so I could reach over the top and slowly frame the image. I must admit though I was doing my load - this was about a 7' footer.

He had his eyes open all the time and didn't even blink - I bet he knew I was there and perhaps didn't like the look of his reflection in the lens of my camera.

Seriously though - I was about 3' feet away and used a quality macro zoom lens. I am pleased with this pic - in fact I have been told by a pro that I could even sell it :)

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

It is a stunningly evocative pic John. Makes my spine crawl... .
    My mate Ian took a similar shot of a tiger in India - makes you realise just how different animals are from us when you lok straight into their eyes.
    BMB
    xx

5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

WOW! that's amazing! I'm very jealous, I'd love to have such a good camera....and I've heard South Africa is really nice....and not just from South African's! (I know a few!)

6. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

That is a great picture.

I had a look a couple of days ago and last night I had a nightmare where the MD of my new brass band was releasing baby crocodiles into my bed... woke up screaming the house down!

7. horn1

horn1 Member

That's a really great picture! I've spent most of the summer messing around with my new camera so I must get some up on here soon!!

8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

My old band sergeant used to glare at me like that when I turned up to a gig in white socks....

His glare would have have melted your camera lens at fifty paces though...

9. TheMusicMan

Many thanks all... appreciate your comments.

:tup

10. CraigJ

CraigJ New Member

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    browse
    juvenile
    animal pics
    shot
    crocodile