Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Mar 25, 2006.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

.........forward an hour tonight, remember!

Have only been reminded of it myself. Oops!
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Yes good job I have been reminded of this many times as we are at tameside tommorrow! Would not be a good start to be late!
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Warning to US people who might read this thread - in the US, the clocks go forward NEXT weekend (first weekend in April).
  4. madsaz

madsaz Member

yep - I am looking forward to seeing who turns up late for the contest....
  5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

About 4-5 years ago, after a pleasant evening partaking of some of Mr McEwan's finest 80/- ale, I decided to reset all the clocks, timers, watches etc. before crawling into bed. I didn't reset the clock on the PC, however, 'cos it does it itself.

Just as well....

When I surfaced that Sunday lunchtime, one of the first things I did was turn on the PC. That's when I realised that all the clocks, etc., were 2 hours out.

Oops... :oops:
  6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

tmp is currently an hour behind! It's confusing me (easily done :biggrin: )
  7. Di

Di Active Member

And on that note, don't forget to set your tMP clock to GMT+1

Click on User CP
    Click on Edit Options
    Scroll down to Date & Time Options
    From the drop down menu reset to: (GMT+1:00 hour) Brussels, Copenhagen etc. etc.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save Changes
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I have read that the clocks will not go back in October from now on:clap: , a debate will be taking place in Parlament in due course as anyone else seen this?
    I just hope that it happens, i get fed up with it all the time:mad:
    Just leave the clocks alone!!!!!
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

They say that every year. They have to go back in October to get us back to GMT! I don't think there is any problem with changing the clocks twice a year. It isn't exactly a massive undertaking. And it is the only time that my clocks actually tell the right time!
  10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Dave i know what you mean but :mad:
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

It would make more sense not to put the clocks on in spring, since Daylight Saving is (quite litereally) an anachronism. How many of us now need to go to bed with the chickens and get up with the cows, or whatever the phrase is.
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- farmers? :rolleyes:
  13. bigmamabadger

If that's their personal preference, far be it from me to condemn. Live and let live I say...:tongue:
  14. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

As i understand farmers have been the most vocal about supporting retaining changing the clocks twice a year on the grounds of milking etc etc. I find this argument hard to understand as Ive yet to see a cow who can tell the time!
  15. madsaz

madsaz Member

I would contest any change to the current system vociferously. As it stands I always get an extra hours kip for my birthday and I see no reason to change that.......
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- quite right! :cool: ... not often you get a birthday present like that!

(what about the crops farmers have? The clocks change to give them more daylight working hours up to harvest season).
  17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Heard some Lord on the radio last week proposing a 2 hour addition to Summer time - the intention is to make more use of available light - i.e. less electricity = less carbon emissions etc.
  18. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

The bells have been ringing at all the wrong times today, the kids have been HYPER!!!
    I read that proposal in the paper on Saturday, apparently if it gets through we won't turn the clocks back in October, then put them another hour ahead next March. Apparently it will cut crime, fuel costs and will help deperssion. I hope it gets through, I hate going to work in the dark, then coming home in it as well- that IS depressing!
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  19. bigmamabadger

Am I missing something here? There's still only the same amount of daylight around, so how can it cut crime/fuel costs etc? And everyone will still have to go to work in the dark, it'll be darker in the mornings instead...
  20. Steve

Steve Active Member

Is the day we change the clocks and by how much really the biggest thing this country has to worry about! Jesus!