Clocks Reminder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Di, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Di

Di Active Member

As the clocks changed by an hour last night, a quick reminder on how to adjust your tMP clock.

User CP > Edit Options > Time Zone > [Select correct setting] > Save Changes

If you then select : Automatically detect DST settings, it'll remember to do it for you. ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    clocks
    reminder
    clock
    setting
    User
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

That is, the clocks changed in the UK. In the US, we don't change until next week.

4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

What's with this stupid thing of changing the clock's? From what I've heard it was brought in to give farmer's extra time in the morning, but that's stupid as it doesn't actually give any more hours of light. Couldn't they just get up at different times depending on when the sunrise is? Just creates confusion.

5. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I agree entirely, it confuses me no-end! It's nearly dark already so my brain keeps thinking it's nearly time for bed! And I only got up at 12 (new time)!!

6. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Daylight time never had anything to do with farmers. If you've ever worked on a farm, you understand that farmers work by the sun, not the clock.

The idea of daylight time actually didn't come about until the late 19th century, and the people who "benefit" are office and shift workers who have fixed working hours.

Personally, I'd like to see time zones abolished in general. Everyone ought to just go on UTC (GMT).

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

we had to spend an extra hour in scubar.. gutted.

8. Di

Di Active Member

Just another quick reminder that the clocks go back tonight and how to adjust your settings. :)

9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Thank you tMP Mummy!