Clifton & lightcliffe slow melody

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by DAVID CRISP, Oct 8, 2009.

DAVID CRISP New Member

More entries needed for Slow Melody and Ensemble Competition.

The first Annual Slow Melody and Ensemble Competition organised by the Clifton and Lightcliffe Band will take place on Sunday, 25th October 2009 at the Christ Church Centre, Lightcliffe, Halifax.
    The competition includes sections for 11 yrs and under, 16 yrs and under, Open, Veterans, Duets and Small Ensembles ( 3 to 8 players ).
    Entries are coming in, but the more the merrier.
    Forms are available from Jane Clay on 07990 633320, 01422 201875 of e-mail

David Crisp
    Clifton and Lightcliffe Band
  2. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

If I was in the UK and around the area I prob would have a bash but sadly I'm not...
  3. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Jumping the gun here, but any idea how you might run the sections and starting at what time? ie youngest through to oldest then ensemble classes? Only ask 'cos we have a job that night but would like to attend.
    Cheers! :D
  4. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Does anyone have any details of prizes/time limits etc?
  5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I presume if it's like the format of most i've entered there isn't a time restriction, and i've only seen time restrictions given in ensemble classes, and even that's a rareity!

Shame it's the same day as Pontin's this year, i'm sure it'll be agreat day and hopefully it'll grow each year it goes.

P.S Tony (bassbonetone), is it not about time you turned up to my school and covered one of my geography lessons again? ;)
  6. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Luckily I'm doing the saturday this year at Pontins so mite be able to do it. Which school was that-Lawnswood? U still at the mighty briggus?
  7. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

No, Shelley College, in skelmanthorpe. The one where the geography lesson turned into a long discussion about Fairey's and YBS and i got a load of funny looks from the rest of the class ;) and i've only just joined so unsurprisingly yes ;)

DAVID CRISP New Member

Hi everyone, especially Ayrton - hope you are well.
    I will update on all questions tomorrow morning.
    Nice to see the interest from everybody.
    David Crisp
  9. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Ah yes-will see you there tomorrow night! Not done any work at shelley for a while-been on long term contract but moved to hudds now :)

DAVID CRISP New Member

Morning everyone,
    Clifton & Lightcliffe Band Slow Melody - Sunday 25th October 2009.
    Christ Church Centre, Lightcliffe, Halifax, HX3 8NU.

We start at 10.30a.m. with the 11 years and under section, followed by the 16 years and under, Open, Veterans (over 40's), Duets, concluding with the Small Ensembles (3 to 8 players).

Entry fees: Individual £ 3.50
    Duets £ 5.00
    Ensembles £ 10.00

Shield / Trophy for the winner of each section, plus keepsakes for the 2nd and 3rd places.

Any further information required please contact Jane Clay as above.

David Crisp