Clever? Then try this then

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by eymsbrassband, Oct 15, 2006.

1. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

Following the recent success of our car quiz, our website now has a brand new general knowledge quiz on it. Forty questions on a variety of topics. Have a go, if you think you are clever enough.

The winner will receive a copy of our brand new, recently released CD 'The Deep'.:clap:

Follow the link to

Good luck :)
  2. Pierre

Pierre Member

At it again!

You`ve been at it again your deviousness! It may interest you to know that sitting looking at the answers trying to come up with questions is not the logical way to produce a quiz `cos you get random,haphazard associations which only exist in your somewhat convoluted psychy!

But we should have known it`s not logical to play a brass instrument without valves either!!!!!!

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Too many questions for you Northerners for my liking. ;)
  4. Pierre

Pierre Member

Ah Rapier you cut us to the quick. What else is there to do up here in the frozen wastes of East Yorkshire?
  5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Practice. :)
  6. Pierre

Pierre Member

You nearly got me that time but with the cornet having such a small mouthpiece any more than three hours a day can become a) Tiring and b) painful. Just off to warm down!
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

3 hours?? In my day we practiced for 23 hours, before working a 24 hour shift down t'pit, before crawling 10 miles to school naked over broken glass, just to get to look at a picture of a cornet mouthpiece! Northerners today don't know their born. ;)
  8. Pierre

Pierre Member

Looking at your location do they have proper Moors darn sarf or are they really heaths?
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks folks - interesting conversation - but can we leave it off this thread, which is an ad for a contest, after all?

10. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

No it isn't!

It is an advert for a general knowledge quiz, which I have added to our website, following on from the success of our previous quiz, jointly won by sparkling quavers. Although I suppose it is a competition, which is a form of contest, but on a brass band site the word contest is more used in keeping with Areas, Nationals, and Open, than a quiz.

Whatever, have a go it's easy............................................ NOT! :)

Edit: splitting hairs here, but a definition of a contest:
    [SIZE=-1]"an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants" - so either way, wheter its a contest, competition or a quiz - the topic of the thread is the same. So let's stick to it eh? (dyl)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2006
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Whichever way you look at this, this thread is an advert, placed free of charge, in the Classified Advertisments section on tMP, and is primarily - and totally reasonably - designed to attract more visitors to your www site.

I am certain the competition is a good one, an interesting one, and no doubt a hard one too. However, we as a tMP team must ensure fair play to everyone posting within this section on tMP by ensuring that all threads have as much equal prominence as we possibly can provide.

Of course we very much welcome the post, we sincerely hope it helps increase the number of visitors to your site, I may even enter myself if it isn't too hard... :) but please keep the psuedo off-topic discussions to a minimum. By all means start a thread in Random or elsewhere to discuss it, but for this type of discussion, the Classified Advertisments area is a no no.

12. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

Just a gentle reminder for those of you who are considering entering this little test of knowledge, that the closing date is next Tuesday, so before you get blitzed at Pontins, get your entries in.
  13. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Thanks to all that entered this little brain teaser. It was won by Martin Swann, from the Thoresby Band, who got 38 answers correct. If you want to know the answers then please visit