Cleaning stuff...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by gcbtrom, Feb 8, 2010.

1. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

Right... as some are probably aware I'm having trouble with my Gen2 Conn 88HO...

Lacquer peeling off, sound is stuffy, been sent away once already. Was fine two weeks ago, went to rehearsal and just changed how it played just like that and to be honest it is really doing my head in..

So... are there any things I could do to give the insides a damn good clean?

Just before Christmas I left the whole thing (valve section and slide section) in the bath for 3 hours or so with fairly warm water (not boiling but between warm and hot) and although initially a bit weird, It played like an absolute gem at our Christmas concert - totally effortless (me or the bone?..) Tried the same thing a few weeks back and the problem has started again...

It is coming up to 3 years old BUT there is no way it should be like this...

I can't afford to go and buy a new bone but on the other hand I can't keep playing mine the way it is at the moment...

Help! :confused::confused::confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    some
    trouble
    Gen2 Conn 88HO
    water
    clean
  3. fsteers

fsteers Member

Based on your description, I think I'd be inclined to check the condition and fit of the spit valve cork, leadpipe, and cork barrel.