Classics for yobs !!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sandy Smith, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Sandy Smith

Sandy Smith Member

Our local Co-op store in Holmfirth has been plagued over the past few months with mobs of feral youths hanging about the entrace to the store of an evening.

Over the past week the store management have been playing classical music over loudspeakers concealed in the roof and would you believe it - the mobs have dispersed !

I went down yesterday evening to be greeted by the J.S.Bach "Air from the the Suite in D" followed by some lovely Beethoven - and not a feral youth in sight.

I might go back tonight and hang about outside just for a listen :D
  2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

A bit like a story I heard a while back. A prison in the US has issued it's inmates with pink uniforms and painted the cells pink with floral patterns. The re-offending rates dropped by 80%!
  3. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

ROFL!!! That's brilliant! :clap:
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Tyne and Wear Metro have been doing this for years. Gateshead and Regents Centre are the best places to listen in my experience. ;)
  5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Make sure you wear your hoodie then Sandy
  6. horn1

horn1 Member

Maybe I'll try that for the yobs at school!!!
  7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Last year I had 2 year 8s in for detention and I made them listen to Prague for an hour. Surprise surprise, I didn't have any reason to give them detention again!
  8. Blagger

Blagger Member

might try that tomorrow with my lovely year 9Z
  9. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I wish they could do that in evry bus stop in my area, or maybe a big speaker across the county, then people won't be scared going out at night
  10. T Winch

T Winch Member

That's all they need!! Mobs of feral horn players hanging around outside :biggrin:
  11. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

That implies that there is such a thing as a domesticated horn player; I've yet to meet one ;)

Maybe it's like wild salmon and farmed salmon - the feral ones taste nicer.

Like the idea though, maybe I'll suggest it to the Spar in Blackley so that next time I go for a pint of milk I won't get mithered by a load of 13 year olds wanting me to buy their fags for them :mad: .
  12. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Nope! We're all mad as frogs!
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

A great idea:tup
  14. David Mann

David Mann Member

Isn't there a UN convention on cruel and unusual punishment?;)
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I wonder what would happen if brass band recordings were used instead of orchestral ones? :rolleyes:
  16. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Maybe they should play the surprise symphony and at the crucial moment the surprise could be a few coppers jumping out and nicking them for their anti-social behaviour .......sadly that would be a surprise for all of us.

In a similar vein has anybody got any ideas for apt music for the chavs.
    e.g. music from Gladiator the BURBERRYan Horde
  17. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

They play Classical music on the local train station to stop the local yobs hanging out...

Generally works, except the other friday on the way up to London I saw two Year 10 boys from my school sitting in the shelter bit smoking!
  18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Speak for yourself! I prefer toads.
  19. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Now theres an idea - perhaps I should contact the council and get them to pipe in classical music on my street, perhaps save our cars from extinction!
  20. and

and New Member

Wouldnt do them any harm!!!