Classic FM Music Teacher of the Year

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Straightmute, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I'm sure that there will be quite a few tMPers who know my brother James. Like me he began playing with Pemberton Old and went on to play for quite a few bands in the North West and was a member of the NYBBGB. He is now Head of Music at Ripon Grammar School and has been nominated for the ClassicFM Music Teacher of the Year Award.

If you know James, or if you just want to support a fellow brass player, you can vote for him at www.classicfm.com where you'll also find out more about his work at the school, a sound clip and a picture of him hiding behind a tuba...

He's completely transformed the musical life of the school, does much to promote brass playing in the area and always encourages his pupils to join the local band.

(And your vote could win you a DAB radio...)

Cheers

D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    James
    Classic FM Music Teacher of the Year
    Music
    tMPers
    bands
  3. ComposerAndy

ComposerAndy Member

What about if you aren't a brass player? Is he such a good teacher then?

4. Straightmute

I never said he was good! But seriously, he works with music of all types and styles including world music and jazz, and he does a lot to encourage composition and music technology. But I geared my intro to what I perceived to be the main interests of tMP readers!

5. ComposerAndy

ComposerAndy Member

Ah, well I've already voted for my teacher, she's up too

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... voted! (winner is announced 24/06 ... and that's not a time signature! :wink: )

7. Straightmute

But it could be! :clap: