Clash of concerts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Oct 26, 2009.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi , maybe this is wrong place to post thread if so sorry, I have bought tickets for Boobs and Brass with Guests Brighouse and Rastrick on 28th November in Kettering Northants, i also note that Brass for Africa, All Star Brass Spectacular!!! is also in Kettering on same evening, Surely a bit of forethought could have seen these two events organised so as not to clash as they are both in aid of respective charities, I think i may have gone to both if on seperate days :confused::confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    place
    concerts
    Clash
    All Star Brass Spectacular
    Brass
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It is annoying when events clash, but sometimes it is unavoidable. Even if the organisers are aware of another event in the area, if there is only one date when the relevant peole can be brought together then they will probably still go ahead.

Having said that, I'm sure a little more effort could go into checking diaries and adverts in advance, and I know the Concert for Africa has been advertised for a long time.

We had a similar clash a few weeks ago when we had the USA Western Territorial Band in Southend and Croydon Citadel about 10 miles away in Basildon :(

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

..and the same happened in Kettering last year. Boobs and Brass at the Lighthouse, Boscombe SA at the Citadel on the same evening.

5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I don't think bands actually communicate to avoid problems like this. A couple of years ago, not only did my band and a joint concert between 2 other bands happen in the same city on the same night, the churches they were in were next-door to eachother!

6. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

I wouldn't have minded going to Brass for Africa but playing with Boobs and Brass. All I know that the Lighthouse with Brighouse has been booked for over a year - just after we joined Brighouse at Huddersfield last year and was booked as a return concert and the date couldn't be changed. Hope you enjoy the concert though