City of Sheffield Band Club - Unite the Union Remembrance Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Oct 26, 2012.

1. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

The year is on the way out, and the 2013 band club season will be starting first thing in the New Year (watch this space for full details coming soon)

In the meantime come and join us for a special Remembrance Concert on the evening of Armistice Sunday 11th November 2012.

The concert will be given by the band club hosts and recent 1st Section National Champions Unite the Union - finishing in rousing style with the Last Night of the Proms standards.

It all starts at 8pm at Niagara Conference & Leisure Centre, Niagara Road, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, S6 1LU, and is to help raise money to keep this popular band club season running. As with all band club concerts, entry is free, but we would ask that you dig deep for the raffle and open the box please.

See you all there

Edward Knowles
  2. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Brilliant audience for the concert last night. Totally packed out at Niagara, and everyone was in fine voice :) So good to see such support for the band and for the band club.

I'll issue a full announcement soon, but the official band club season will return on 3rd February 2013.
  3. Blossom

Blossom Member

Does the band club start up again this Sunday, 3rd February ??

Any news about who is appearing this year ??
  4. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

Hi Blossom - Band club was due to start on 3rd February but we have had a couple of bands pull out (the first two !) and Ed has had a bad chest infection since Butlins a couple of weeks ago (bad enough to be in hospital today !)
    We are trying to get a band sorted for 10th Feb. Ed will be posting news as soon as we know for sure...
    Sorry we can't be more informative just yet !!
    I'm sure Ed will be posting a full line up as soon as possible.
  5. Blossom

Blossom Member

Hi Scoobydoo,

Sorry to hear our Ed is poorly. :cry: Tell him to keep taking the medicine and get well very soon. :guiness

Look forward to hearing news about band club.

6. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Hi, many apologies for being absent! Starting to get on the mend now, and back on the case! I've posted the details of the new season of band club in a new thread (should appear online today). It'll be starting on 17th Feb. :)
  7. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

About time too... I don't know why we pay you so much !! ;)
  8. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

you pay me exactly what I'm worth ;-)
  9. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Sorry read wrong reply on wrong thread. Phone internet isn't my strong point. Cant edit now. Please ignore the interuption!
  10. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

you took the words right out my mouth! Worth nothing and paid the same! Freaky!
  11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

^isn't one of your are they?and you a union band too ;)
  12. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Not being paid probably isn't restricted to union bands haha. Hope you're well Fran. Looking forward to seeing my old band back at band club. :)