City of Sheffield Band Club 2013

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Feb 5, 2013.

1. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Firstly, my apologies for the late posting of this, and for the late start of band club. Unfortunately I had a couple of last minute drop outs. I've also been poorly the last few weeks, so I've been out of action I'm afraid. Getting back on track now, and Band Club is at the top of my agenda!! SO.....

[h=2]2013 City of Sheffield Band Club - Concert Dates and Bands[/h]The 2013 season of the ever popular City of Sheffield Band Club is back on 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Feb 2013. As usual it's held at Niagara Sports and Social Club, Niagara Road, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, S6 1LU. (tel 0114 296 4945) - http://www.sypsportsandsocialclub.co.uk/

Please remember to spread the word, this is a very popular band club and it's FREE to attend (well we would like you all to dig deep for the raffle though!)

City of Sheffield Band Club - 2013

17th Feb – Loxley Band
    24th Feb – Yorkshire Area Preview Night
    3rd Mar - No Concert (Yorksire Area Contest)
    10th Mar - Thurlstone Band
    17th Mar – Hade Edge Band
    24th Mar – Dronfield Band
    31[SUP]st[/SUP] March Apr - No Concert (Easter Sunday)

The remainder of the seasons will be posted very shortly. You can find out more about the band club by visiting http://www.cityofsheffieldbrassband.org.uk and follow the link to the band club.

2. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

I'll be releasing details of the area preview night in the next couple of days.

3. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Details of Yorkshire Area Preview Night on 24th Feb 2013:

4[SUP]th[/SUP] Section:
    Oughtibridge Brass Band – Devon Fantasy (Eric Ball)

3rd Section:
    Dronfield Brass Band – Hollywood (Goff Richards)

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Section:
    Emley Brass Band – The Plantagenets (Edward Gregson)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Section:
    South Yorkshire Police Band – Brass Triumphant (Gareth Wood)

Championship Section:
    Unite the Union Brass Band – Harmony Music (Philip Sparke)

Adjudicator: Mike Kilroy

First band on at 8pm. Doors open from 7.15.

4. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

Always a popular evening so get there early if you want a seat !! :D

5. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Due to unforseen circumstances, the police band have had to withdraw from Sunday night's regional night. They'll still be part of this years band club concert line up though, and you'll still be able to hear them perform at Bradford on the following weekend.

I've not managed to get a replacement band for the first section so close to the night, but massive thanks to all the local 1st section bands for running round over the last couple of days trying to fill the gap :)

So I'm afraid there's no brass triumphant this year at the regional night. But all the other sections are ready and raring to go.

always a top night.

6. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Some further details regarding the next few weeks of band club concerts: (please note the change regarding 17th March - No concert on this evening now)

24[SUP]th[/SUP] Feb – Yorkshire Area Preview Night

10[SUP]th[/SUP] Mar – Thurlstone

24[SUP]th[/SUP] Mar – Dronfield

7[SUP]th[/SUP] Apr – Barnsley Chronicle

14[SUP]th[/SUP] Apr – Deepcar

21st Apr – Strata

28[SUP]th[/SUP] Apr – Hade Edge

The rest of the season will be published very shortly.

7. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Brilliant night on Sunday, packed out again, and some great performances from the bands.

Thanks to Mike Kilroy for his valuable comments to each band, and to each band and MD that took part. Also to Unite the Union for providing the percussion and other equipment. And Garry Hallas for organising the recordings for the bands.

No band club this Sunday due to the Yorkshire Regional Contest. Good luck to all the bands taking part, especially our friends from Band Club over the years.

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dronfield Band are playing at the Band Club this Sunday 24th March 2013 at 8pm and our programme will include:

Cherry Pink & Blossom White
    Concerto de Orange juice – flugel solo – Nat Walters
    Death or Glory
    Florentina March
    Hineraukatauri – horn solo – Emma Davis
    La Califfa – sop solo – John Waining Londonderry air
    Libretango
    Love Unknown
    Procession of The Sirdar
    Procession to Cathedral
    Ritual Fire Dance
    Stal Himmel
    The Way You Look Tonight
    Where ‘er You Walk – trombone solo – Helen Pritchard
    Valero

Look forward to playing at Band Club again (more scary than St Georges Hall)

9. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

We're not that scary are we ??! ....and we have a better raffle !!!!

10. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Hoping the weather improves.... nothing moving in Apperknowle at present. Gritters unlikely on a Sunday!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Mar - No Concert
    I
    City of Sheffield Band Club 2013
    Band Club
    City of Sheffield Band Club - Concert Dates and Bands
  12. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Hi all, just to confirm that tonight’s Band Club concert by Dronfield band is on. Had confirmation that the roads are all clear, Niagara is open as normal, no more snow forecast tonight and the band is ready and waiting to entertain!

See you all there.

Edward

13. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Hope you've all had a lovely easter, despite the absence of any sign of Spring!

This Sunday sees the welcome return of the Barnsley Chronicle band at band club.

14. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

After last weeks great concert by Barnsley, an old friend of band club Deepcar band returns tomorrow night. Unfortunately Lindon can't be there due to illness (wish him a speedy recovery) but their stand in MD is none other than the superbly talented Jonathan Beatty. See you all there

15. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

The band club will be taking a summer break after next weeks concert from Hade Edge. It will return in September for 5 excellent concerts to conclude the 2013 season.

1st September – Cornerstone Brass
    8[SUP]th[/SUP] September – South Yorkshire Police Band
    15[SUP]th[/SUP] September – Stannington Brass Band
    22[SUP]nd[/SUP] September – Knottingley Silver Brass Band
    29[SUP]th[/SUP] September – Prize Giving Night and concert by Unite the Union Brass Band (City of Sheffield)

16. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

The City of Sheffield Band Club returns for a special Autumn Season on Sunday 1[SUP]st[/SUP] September 2013 with five fantastic brass band concerts. (please note the change of date for the final concert)

As usual the concerts are 8pm start and are held at the excellent Niagara Sports and Social Club, Niagara Road, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, S6 1LU. (tel 0114 296 4945) - http://www.sypsportsandsocialclub.co.uk/

City of Sheffield Band Club 2013 Autumn Season

1[SUP]st[/SUP] September – Cornerstone (Salvation Army) Brass Band

8[SUP]th[/SUP] September – South Yorkshire Police Brass Band

15[SUP]th[/SUP] September - Stannington Brass Band

22[SUP]nd[/SUP] September – Knottingley Brass Band

6[SUP]th[/SUP] October – Finale and Prize Giving Concert - Unite the Union (City of Sheffield) Brass Band

You can find out more about the band club by visiting http://www.cityofsheffieldbrassband.org.uk and follow the link to the band club.

17. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Band club reopens tonight with Cornerstone Brass. Will be nice to see you all again :)

18. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Just to confirm the last couple of dates for 2013 Band Club Autumn Season…

This Sunday (22[SUP]nd[/SUP] Sept) sees the return of past Most Entertaining Band winners, Knottingley Brass Band.

Then the finale is on Sunday 6[SUP]th[/SUP] October with a concert from the hosts Unite the Union (City of Sheffield).

I’m already planning next year’s season so if you know of a band that really wants to come along to band club, pass them in my direction and I’ll see if we can fit them in. (Regulars - Don't worry if I haven't contacted you yet.. I will be doing)

19. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

City of Sheffield Band Club – Grand Finale Concert & Prize Giving – 6[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2013

This year’s series of Brass Band Concerts comes to a close on Sun 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Oct with a Grand Finale Concert from the hosts Unite the Union (City of Sheffield) Brass Band, 2012 First Section Yorkshire and National Champions.

During the evening in the fantastic concert room at Niagara Sports and Social Club, there will also be a prize-giving ceremony for Most Entertaining Band, Best Soloist, and Best MD to be awarded to the bands who have provided such great concerts during 2013’s Band Club.

Come and enjoy fantastic music, great soloists and celebrate the many brass bands who have come to entertain us this year.

The Concert starts at 8pm and as always is free entry. We do ask you to support the concert season through the raffle and key to the box.

Twitter: @CoSBandClub Website: http://www.cityofsheffieldbrassband.org.uk/pages/bandclub.html

Niagara Sports and Social Club, Niagara Road, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, S6 1LU. (tel 0114 296 4945) - http://www.sypsportsandsocialclub.co.uk/