City of Coventry & Bulkington old players

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kandsi, Apr 23, 2008.

1. kandsi

kandsi New Member

My niece is trying to organise a suprise birthday party for her Dad (my brother in law) & would like to try & get some old colleagues there.

His name is Chris Marlow & played horn in Bulkington in the 1960's & Coventry in late 60's & 70's.

Can anyone help?

2. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Hi my name is Richard Stamp.I played with City of Coventry and used to go to Bulkington band before I joined the army in 1970.I started at Ash Green High School under the late great Albert Chappell.When are you hoping to have this party and where?
    Richard.:tup

3. on_castors

on_castors Member

Err,could this be the very same Horn playing Chris Marlow that I will be seeing tonight (Wednesday) at St Giles, Exhall?

Interestingly, someone told me that Bulkington still "exist" and play together in a small format, although they were not certain how big a group are still together!

4. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Hi Again,It has just dawned on me.Chris has helped out on many occasions at Cubbington Silver on Tenor Horn.I am their Rep player.

5. kandsi

kandsi New Member

The very same.
    The SUPRISE party will be at his house in Exhall an Sat 7th June (please don't give the game away) & prep will happen whilst he & Mary are seeing a show in London.
    If you want to give me a call I can let you know details etc. also if you have details of anyone else it would be great.
    mob:07986 393001
    Thanks

6. kandsi

kandsi New Member

Cheers Richard, yep thats the same Chris.

Give me a call & I can give you details etc.

Mob:07986 393001
    Thanks

7. on_castors

on_castors Member

I will pass on the details to Maurice Greaves and Eric Grey if I can get to speak to them without Chris being in the room!