City of Chester @ Ellesmere Port

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bigmamabadger, Sep 14, 2003.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Wandered over to the boat museum at Ellesmere Port today to find City of Chester playing for the arrival of the Canal Mission boat.
    Good show I thought, and LittleBabyBadger was much taken with the Big Tuba. (Like Grandad's only all sparkly). I'll make a brass player of her yet in spite of evil DaddyBadger's plan to make her a clarinetist. :twisted:
    Gorgeous weather, interesting boats to climb on and a brass band playing in the background. What more could you ask of a Sunday afternoon?
    Any other tMP'ers there?

BMB

2. leisa

leisa Active Member

no but wish i was!! it sounds good!! was stuck inside workin!! :cry:

3. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

I was brought up in Ellesmere Port, still regarded as 'home'. The boat museum was always a huge attraction - but I could never understand why? Now we've got Cheshire Oaks. Note to potential visitors though quality of air is extremely poor.

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not as bad as Widnes. I thought I was going to die when we went to the Catalyst museum...

The boat museum is good if you luuurve boats. Like the badger family do. We'll be cruising through Staffs. Shrops. Cheshire in October on the Cheshire Ring. Any bands around the Ring prepared to welcome slightly duff horn player, extremely good trombone player and just extreme percussionist?

BMB

5. troonly

troonly New Member

The City of Chester Band

Thanks for the comment!

It was certainly a pleasant day.

Incidentally we're currently looking for a solo trombone.... live near Chester? Come along and have a blow.

Otherwise, the training band is opening a new play park in Mickle Trafford this Sat (20th Sep), 2pm, both bands are walking the walls around Chester on the 27th... Fanfares from Eastgate St clock at 1pm, and there's our 150 yr anniversary concert in the Cathedral on October 18th at 7.30pm

Checkout our website on www.chesterbrass.co.uk :)