City of Cambridge Brass Band: Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hornblower50, Mar 19, 2004.

1. hornblower50

hornblower50 New Member

Due to work, relocation and personal reasons - the City of Cambridge Brass Band requires the following players to assist its progress.
    Principal Cornet, Solo Horn, BBb Bass, Percussion.
    Of course our doors are always open to all players who enjoy their playing and take their music seriously, but have fun at the same time.
    Rehearsals are on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 8:00.
    If you are interested, please give me (Stephen) a ring on 01223 501117, for a chat.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band
    City
    work
    Cambridge
    players
  3. graham26887

graham26887 New Member

Euphonium & Baritone

Due to player relocation, The City of Cambridge Band (1st section L&SC) currently has vacancies in the Euphonium and Baritone sections.

Anyone who is interested in these positions, or in playing with the band, is invited to contact the Band Manager, on 07704 885743 to find out more or visit the Band’s website www.cambridgeband.org.uk

4. graham26887

graham26887 New Member

Update

Euphonim seat has now been filled, still looking for a Baritone player

5. graham26887

graham26887 New Member

Cambridge Band - Conductor

City of Cambridge Band (1st Section L&SC) requires experienced Conductor after the Areas.

We rehearse Mon & Wed 8-10pm on the outskirts of Cambridge close to Jn 11 of the M11.

For further details, or to apply, please contact Graham on 07720291721 or email manager@cambridgeband.org.uk

6. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

City of Cambridge Band require 1st Trombone and Baritone

The City of Cambridge Brass Band has vacancies for first Trombone and Baritone

The Band recently appointed a new Musical Director, Peter Bassano, details here and is making excellent progress under his baton.

If you're interested, send me a PM or contact the band mangager by email or phone on 07704 885743

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  7. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

We've now found a new Solo Trombone player, but are now looking for:
    • Back Row Cornets
    • BBb Basses
    • 1st Baritone

If you're interested, contact details are on the previous post

8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

City of Cambridge require Flugel player

Because of relocation for a new job, our Flugel player is having to give up his seat in the City of Cambridge Brass Band (The Journey from Newcastle for rehearsals would be a bit much, especially as a new Dad too!)

We particularly need the seat covered for the national finals (1st section) in Harrogate in September. If you are interested, please feel free to drop me a PM or email. Alternatively, call (07704 885743) or email the band manager

We are a friendly bunch and we rehearse on Mondays and Wednesdays in Trumpington (directions on the website)

For more details about the band, see our website

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Solo Horn player required to join the City of Cambridge Brass Band for a busy program of contests and concerts during 2008.

Audition rehearsals will take place during February 2008.

For details or to apply (short CV, letter of interest) either drop me a PM or contact the Band Manager: manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or call 07801951522 (evenings) ASAP

10. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The City of Cambridge Brass Band are Recruiting Percussionist(s) in the run up to the Areas in Stevenage.

For details or to apply either drop me a PM or contact the Band Manager: manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or call 07801951522 (evenings) ASAP

11. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The City of Cambridge band are currently recruiting for the following positions:
    • Solo Horn
    • Bass Trombone

For details or to apply either drop me a PM or contact the Band Manager: manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or call 07801951522 (evenings)

We are a friendly band looking forward to our promotion to the Championship section for 2009. Rehearsing in Trumpington, on the outskirts of Cambridge.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band
    City
    work
    Cambridge
    players
  13. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The City of Cambridge Brass Band are currently recruiting:

• Cornets (back and front row)
    • Bass Trombone
    • Percussionists

The band will soon be working for the Leicester Contest and then looking forward to playing in the Championship section at Stevenage following our promotion in 2009.

We are a friendly bunch that rehearses in Trumpington on Monday and Wednesday evenings. We are very fortunate to have 2 top class conductors, Peter Bassano (MD) and Duncan Wilson, tMP's Bass Trumpet (Resident MD)

If you are interested, please either drop me a PM or contact our band manager: manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or call 07801951522 (evenings)

For more info on the band and directions to the bandroom, please check out our website: www.cambridgeband.co.uk

14. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The City of Cambridge Band, newly promoted to Championship Section, require a committed front row cornet player. Interesting and varied series of concerts and 2/3 contests per year. Challenging repertoire and a friendly atmosphere. Rehearsals on Monday and Wednesday nights in Trumpington Village Hall, 2 mins from M11 (Junction 11) or a short bus ride from the centre of Cambridge. Nice pub next door!

If you're interested, please contact the band manager, Andrew Bateman on 07801 951522 or via our website http://www.cambridgeband.co.uk/

15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

^^^ Or drop me a PM! Some of you know me, I don't bite (much!)

16. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Due to player relocation, we find ourselves looking to fill a few seats within the band:

• 2 Solo Cornets
    • Solo Horn
    • Percussionists

We are a Championship Section band have an interesting and varied series of concerts planned. We also take part in 2/3 contests per year. This year as well as already taking part in the areas, we plan to go to the Folkestone contest in October and the Leicester contest in November

We play a varied and challenging repertoire and a friendly atmosphere under the baton of Duncan Wilson (Bass Trumpet on tMP)

We Rehearse on Monday and Wednesday nights in Trumpington Village Hall, 2 mins from M11 (Junction 11) or a short bus ride from the centre of Cambridge.

If you're interested, please contact the band manager by email at manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or send me a PM

For more info on the band go to http://www.cambridgeband.co.uk/ or find our group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5895959578

17. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

We are currently looking for:

• Solo Horn
    • 2nd Baritone
    • Percussion

We are intending to attend both Folkestone and Leicester contests later this year.

We also need a first horn just for Folkestone, as our regular player is unable to attend.

Please either drop me a PM, or mail our band manager directly at manager@cambridgeband.co.uk

18. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Update 30/8-09

We now find ourselves needing:

• Solo Horn
    • First Horn
    • Percussionists

We are taking part in the Championship section of both Folkestone and Leicester Contests in October/November

We are a friendly bunch that rehearse in Trumpington, which is easily acccessable from the M11, on Monday and Wednesday Evenings

If you are interested, either drop me a PM, or contact our manager on manager@cambridgeband.co.uk

19. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

We are currently recruiting for:
    • Solo/Repiano Cornet
    • Solo and 1st Horns
    • BBb Bass
    • Percussionists
    We are taking part in the Championship section of the Leicester Contest November so need to fill these vacancies asap

We are a friendly bunch that rehearse in Trumpington, which is easily acccessable from the M11, on Monday and Wednesday Evenings

If you are interested, either drop me a PM, or contact our manager on manager@cambridgeband.co.uk or 07984868483

20. JCY

JCY Member

Front row/repiano cornet and soprano vacancies

We currently have vacancies for a front row or repiano cornet and a soprano cornet for the Areas (and afterwards, obviously!), so if you fancy a bit of Paganini give us a call on 07984 868483 (Len) or email: manager@cambridgeband.co.uk

21. JCY

JCY Member

City of Cambridge Band still urgently need a sop player for the Areas on Sun. 20th March

We will also have a vacancy for Principal Cornet after the Areas.