City of Birmingham launch new website

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by AndyG, Apr 13, 2010.

1. AndyG

AndyG Member

Built almost entirely on Notepad by someone (me) who doesn't know what he's doing and possessing a buring desire to spend absolutely no money, this has taken a long time! But finally we have a new site where people can find up to date information on the bands vacancies and upcoming concerts, along with loads of info on us.

Check it out here

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham
    Notepad
    money
    upcoming concerts
    City of Birmingham launch new website
  3. kp51

kp51 Member

Smart site, congratulations! It just goes to show that you can make a good impression and get the info across without advanced tools. But I think you're letting yourself in for a lot of unnecessary hard work keeping things up to date if you stick to Notepad. PHP programming language and numerous code frameworks and CMSs are all free, too, and could help you make a framework that you don't have to constantly fiddle with in order to fit in your updated information. http://www.w3schools.com is a great place to develop your HTML and CSS and other web-related skills, including a neat "try it out live" window.
    ;) KP

4. AndyG

AndyG Member

Thanks mate - I actually used w3 schools to learn everything I have about html and css. PHP pretty much stumped me though!

5. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Nice - clean and simple. Does the job very nicely.