Chronicles Of Narnia - New Movie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I'm totally unashamed when I say I loved the BBC's production of the books when I was little and I've just seen that a new film of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is coming out, should be interesting

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    film
    The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
    books
    production
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

It should be good. I saw the trailer the other day - looks exciting! I'm going to try and read the books first though....all I need is some time!

4. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I vaguely remember it when it was on the BBC on either Saturday or Sunday nights many years ago & I loved it.
    I have to admit, I was petrified in the scene when the stone monsters were throwing boulders down the hill towards the youngsters (but I couldn't have been any older than 5 or 6)!

I think that the film version will be a lot different to the TV version because of the better special effects. Whether that will be a good or a bad thing, I suppose I'll have to wait and see!

5. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

Have you played the test piece? It is 4 (I think) movements of different themes from the TV version. We played it a couple of years ago and it brought back loads of memories of watching it when I was little! So much so that we went out and bought the DVD of the TV series! Looking forward to the film, deffinitely one to go and see.

6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

You were totally unashamed to admit liking Busted too :eek: you sir are disgraceful :D

7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing it, but I wonder if they are going to do the whole series. I wonder if they will try and change the ending in "The Last battle".

There are also religious undertones in the books which could make them a target for the "PC" brigade.

8. vonny

vonny Member

I would love to see the film, the trailer seemed interesting:)

So chunks when are you going to take me? ;)

vonny x

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Must be your turn to treat me to some of that fantastic northern hospitality! :wink: :biggrin:

10. vonny

vonny Member

Chunks you're cheeky for a southie.. seems like you need a dominant woman!

11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Ok I give in, I will take you to see that film no problems! However Don't think my new girlfriend will be too impressed :lol: :biggrin:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    film
    The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
    books
    production
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I loved the books as well when I was a kid and the TV series of them that the BBC did were really excellent... be interesting to see if this new film beats all those childhood memories.

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I've just finished reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - it's great! I can't wait to go and see the film. Need to read the other Chronicles now!

15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I just saw it last night. I really enojed it. (Never read the books)

It really is getting more and more difficult to separate the CGI from real life. I couldn't tell if for sure if they went back and forth between a real lion and CGI or if it was CGI the entire time.

Bugged the **** out of me that I couldn't place Liam Neeson and Rupert Everetts voices though.

16. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Yeah, I played it - and it was playing in the background on Film 2005 the other night. Wonder if it's in the movie too :confused:

17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm going to go and see it asap. Anyone wanna come and share my popcorn? EvilDaddyBadger does not seem interested.

I've loved the books since I was about 6, just re-read them in preparation for the film. Will be interesting to see how they portray the Christian imagery...
    BMB
    xx

18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Is it out? I wanted to see that Ive read all the books completely forgotten them though.

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yup! 8th December Nationwide!

20. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Read the books, enjoyed 'em.
    Hated the old BBC series of it.

Going to see the film tonight, looks ok. Slightly bigger budget than the BBC production.

Read somewhere that the L,W&W is an allegory for Lewis's conversion to Christianity (by Tolkien)... Alsan's sacrifice and subsequent resurection etc... I can see the similarities in hindsight.

21. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm going to see it on Saturday apparently... Should be good, I remember reading all the books when I was small, but can't remember too much of the story. Just remember enjoying them a fair bit.

Apparently the catholic church are jumping on this as a way of attracting new converts, especially in some parts of the US. The links are pretty obvious, but I don't know how much the majority are going to care. It'll hopefully be a good film, I'll leave it at that.

22. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

C S Lewis was a devout Christian, and the Narnia Chronicles are an analogy of the Christian faith. Having said that, this is no problem to those of other persuasions, as "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and the other five sagas are just cracking good stories about good and evil, written for children with an appeal to all ages. C S Lewis is a phenomemnon, (as was his close friend and Oxford Colleague J R R Tolkien, a devout Catholic). C S Lewis's stepson said that he would not allow a film version of the Narnia stories until the technology was able to recreate his stepfather's vision. I am no film buff, but I cannot wait to see it.