Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Just Crazy, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

With Christmas being only 164 days away, have you started your shopping yet? Are you organised?
  2. Di

Di Active Member

I usually start thinking about it after I get home from my hols. Actually looking forward to doing some proper shopping this year instead of "internet" shopping and sending other people out to do shopping for me. ;)
  3. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

oh god no. i buy presents as and when i see them. which is usually never :p unles you're very, very special to me
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yup. Did some shopping today. Wasn't Christmas shopping mind, but you didn't specify......

:) ;)
  5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Oh yes I'm very organised :D NOT!! Last year I decided to leave all my christmas shopping until it was actually december, cos the year before I'd done the majority before and it didn't feel christmassy :tongue: and i had nothing to do when my mates were doing theres!

But kind of forgot I was away for part of the first week, and I was doing loads of overtime at work, so it all ended up being crammed into two very short (3 hours each) shopping trips!! Really don't know how I did! I kind of forgot a very important person last year aswell cos of all the rush, :oops: I forgot my Nana! so my mum had to take me into town like with half an hour to go before the shops shut on christmas eve!! Oh the Joys of Christmas!!

I think I'm guna start at least planning my christmas shopping a little bit earlier this year!!
  6. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I'm normally found running round at the last minute like some sort of loonatic (doesn't just apply to christmas!). I had to do all last years chrismas shopping by the end of november because I was away for a month over christmas, so I had to buy and distribute all my pressies before I left. It was no less panicky or stressful, but at least the shops are quiter in november! Might try and be more organised this year...
  7. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Do you have to start on about christmas now?? Not even been on my jollies yet!! :mad:
  8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

are you mad or summat?!?! (actually... thats a yes..hmm..)

christmas shopping.. IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER?!?!?!

my christmas shopping tends to be done on christmas eve..or the week before christmas.. depends how organised im feeling..
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

News Flash - It's summer.
    I left mine till a few days before we broke up from school last year, will probably do the same this year.
  10. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Please tell me you are taking the p*ss, its July!!! :eek: And its sunny for once!!! :eek:

Short answer NO! :rolleyes:

I dont usually start thinking about Christmas shopping until at least October... :wink:
  11. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

*Nods in total agreement!!!*
  12. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

well considering we are talking about christmas i didnt think i had to specify!
  13. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I only thought i would mention Christmas cause i have to start my recruitment in august for all my christmas temps! all we have talked about at work is christmas lately.
  14. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

Arg NooooooHHH

I was in trafford center the other day and there were CHRISTMAS decorations up......luckily apparently it was for filming for

talk about a pre-build-up to the pre-build-up to christmas...... :eek:
  15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Only good thing about Xmas is the food and ensuing **** up!...its lost its charm with me not getting as many prezzies now :D

Plus one of the worst times to be in a brass band, stood freezing your preverbials off in some crappy car park somewhere
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I do tend to start my shopping fairly early, particularly as I have a couple of relatives who are a little awkard to buy for. I'm always on the lookout for things that would fit the bill, often buying them months ahead - and sometimes forgeting where I've put them when it comes to wrapping them up :oops:
  17. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Thats what i like to see, Organisation:)
  18. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

im quite shocked to report that.. in the duty free today.. oh no.. yesterday (god time flies.. no pun intended) anywayz, in the duty free my mum bought a christmas present for one relative. because it was cheap(er)
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Judging by some of the "efforts" I heard from bands last Christmas, it might be time to start practising carols now... :rolleyes:
  20. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

now you come to mention it will, we already are! we've had a few carols and christmas songs out for over a month now! but ermm cos were doing a christmas CD at the end of the month!