Christmas wish list

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by marksmith, Nov 25, 2008.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

With exactly a month to go, what christmas wish do you have for yourself or your band?
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

My christmas wish at the moment is to get a job, i was made redundant last week
  3. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Christmas wish for band is that we do well at the Area next year after having a bit of a weird year this year....

For myself - if you're talking about gifts, then I would love a DS (I am sad), but if you are talking about goals, I would want to relearn my technique I lost since having my brace removed earlier this year - getting there, slowly but!
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me,

seven percussion*
    six euphs and basses
    Five Ba - ack Row!
    Four Front Row Cornets,
    Three Tenor Horns
    Two Baritones and
    a very good and brilliant MD!

*Butlins and Regionals, second section, THANKS A BLIMMIN' LOT!**

**OK, it is only four for each, but it might as well be seven!

5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

i want my horn fixing....but seeing as LMI have gone belly up looks like my warranty is pretty much useless. looks like im gonna have to ask santa for a very steady hand and a tube of 2part araldite
  6. LMI

LMI New Member

Dear Geraint
    I would like to let you know that we are still indeed in business and that if you wish to send your instrument to us we will be more than happy to fix it under the terms of our warranty. Please see our website for our new address and telephone number.

Regards LMI
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Looks like Christmas just came early eh?
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Does this website have an address? I've searched on Google and it came up with - but there's no site listed..............
  9. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

that is most certainly a win....i was told by several different people that i LMI had gone bust, i am now exstatic, no more tie wraps holding my instrument together :)
    I will tell our man in charge of the instrumadoodles and we will sort out sending it in for a return, thank you so much , you have no idea how happy i am now, and i will also pass the information on to a friend who really wanted to buy a new LMI horn and thought he couldn't because you had gone

**dances away to the telephone**
  10. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

looks like i spokes to soon, i cant find the website either
  11. LMI

LMI New Member

Hi Geraint
    I have just looked for our website as well and for some reason it dose not appear to be coming up, I will have to get onto my new provider and find out what has gone wrong. We have just moved premises and things are still being sorted out. Not sure if I am allowed to put our new tel number or e-maill address on here or not? If you have our old tel number it will redirect you to the new one and you can contact me directly.

Regards LMI
  12. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

All I want for Christmas is for my son to sleep through the night. He's almost 6 months old now and teething and every night is horrendous. Please Santa make the little monkey sleep through the night!
  13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I would like for christmas - a happy new year!

Oh, and for Essex Elvis to stick at the non smoking :)
  14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

A crash hot Pricipal Cornet, so I don't need to do it any more. :-?
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

For my Christmas i just want to see a good and the Best New Year for 2009 and will be happy to say
    GOOD BYE 2008 since Tuesday 16th September at 2.35pm
  16. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Alternate Calpol and baby Nurofen - works wonders - speak to your pharmacist ;) On a similar note, our two year old is also teething (her very very back ones) and we are going through the same - so feel your pain.
  17. I would love our band to get a front row cornet section for Christmas. Within the space of a year we have had 4 front row players leave for various reasons and we're now down to the bare bones.
  18. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

A few paid jobs for my ensemble... :D
  19. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

How about heated mouthpieces/valve buttons for winter caroling?
    Anti-vibe mouthpiece for marching?
    A space between you and the lady eating sausage rolls/mince-pies, as she looks over your shoulder at Christmas concerts!
  20. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Crane song Spider.

Mmmm :icon_cool: