Christmas solo for Church service

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hellraiser, Dec 13, 2007.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

Hi
    I need ideas for a decent Christmas solo (for cornet), suitable for playing in a Christmas service with a regular organist and minimal (or maybe zero) rehearsal. Looking for something that can be played to the organ accompaniment of a normal carol. It's just too short to play a carol through twice with organ. Of course one could play two verses of two carols, or a medley of some sort. It can't be too short nor too boring/repetitive. Perhaps start with a fanfare (do you know of any? any on google?), then carol then descant with the organ. Any suggestions welcomed.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    Christmas service
    decent Christmas solo
    normal carol
    medley
  3. cate.b

cate.b New Member

I know tat o holy night is for euphonium but it can sound really good with the cornety playing the solo. I know because i have done it with a band recently.
    Hope that helps and the arrangment is pretty simple.

Cate

4. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

The O' Holy Night solo for Euphonium is simply beautiful... I'm planning on persuading my conductor to let me do it this year, i've been practising it... But the band haven't! lol!!

5. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

thanks, I'll check that out

any ideas for a fanfare?

6. Di B

Di B Member

7. Barreltone

Barreltone New Member

The American Soloist series from SP&S did a Christmas edition (Volume 7?) a few years ago which has some good ones in it although I think they are possibly more suitable for Piano accompaniment than Organ.

There is also the Trumpet in Church collection which may have something in it but I can't remember the publisher.

8. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

In Dolce Jubilo? or however you say it?1

9. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Trumpet in Church has 'Amazing Grace' (sometimes counted as christmassy) and 'silent night'. however, can't remember the publisher either!

10. cate.b

cate.b New Member

Our euphonium player in our band played that last year it was brilliant he is an astonshing player, he is playing shining christmas bells this years, again a gifted player, and i am not his mum before you ask.

Just an admirer.

Cate B

11. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    Christmas service
    decent Christmas solo
    normal carol
    medley