Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mrs Womble, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Just wanted to find out;...........

1) Who has had the worst christmas present ever??????

2) Have you still got that present?????

3) What happened to it if you haven't still got it???

4) and who was the present from????
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think my worst present was a gawdy large snowman sign (from my cousin). I got right of it at our Anonymous Gift Exchange at work one year. The best place to get rids of lots of presents!!

(come to think of it I got it at a Family gift exchange...I wonder if they had gotten it from somebody else and were just pawning it off?)
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

well that would have to be

1) toothpaste
    2) no
    3) used it to brush my teeth
    4) me mum
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

My ex-girlfriend once got me a pair of socks and a south park glass for christmas... the socks got holes in them, and I believe the glass was thrown rather a long distance onto a hard road one day...
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

A certain member of my family recieved a box of tissues one year... it got passed back to the person who gave it first the following year :lol:
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member ornamental porcelain cat sitting in a cast iron frying pan with some floral tat round it (don't ask, it really was as dreadful as it sounds!!)

I'd rather not say who it was from, you never know who's reading this forum these days, but suffice to say it was so cumbersome and heavy that the 18mm bolts needed to hang the thing didn't hold out for long and unfortunately it fell off the wall and right in the way of my swing just as i was violently hammering something and it regrettably got damaged beyond any possible repair! :-D

shame that really.

Strange really that having had the thing for two years we only got round to putting it up the day before the person who gave us it was due to visit, and then also that it met it's untimely demise just after she'd left. Almost spooky in fact!! ;)
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

My most unwanted Christmas 'present' came after Christmas. I went and visited my mum on what was the day after 'twelfth night'. I noticed that she still had her Christmas tree up. Having been fed copious amounts of whisky I offered to remove it for her (silly thing even when sober as I'm not exactly Charles Atlas...) Anyway, lifted the tree up, rose up and got a pine branch straight in my right eye! Cue visit to Lewisham hospital. I can still feel the scratch on the surface of the eye all these years later.

Still... better than a poke in the eye, I suppose! (Hold on, what am I SAYING??? :))
  8. six pints

six pints Active Member

9. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

The worst christmas present I ever had was to find out my wonderful grandma had died the day after boxing day!

What more can you say about that?
  10. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I was 8 years old and my Nanna had kindly brought me a dress for christmas - I HATED IT!!!! I made my feeling clear when one morning my mother made me wear this dress to sunday school. Big Mistake:-? (I hated the dress but I hated Sunday School more)

I left the house hoping no one would see me is the dress and on the way to church I had a plan ;) ;) ;) I would fake an illness ;)

So I got to church, about 1/2 hour into the sunday school I developed a bad tummy upset :-? :-? :-? and was taken home by a very kind Vicar's wife to one P***ED off mother :shock: :shock: :shock: NOT GOOD

I got told off but I never ever had to wear that dress again so my plan worked........ or did it???????????????????????????

On the Monday I was sent flowers and a get well card from the Vicar and his wife hoping I would get well soon............. Mum wasn't pleased at all.... However I think that's a well thought out plan if you ask me:) :) :)