Christmas Parties

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Power Tooba, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Power Tooba

Power Tooba Member

As it's coming up to christmas (Only 7 Weeks to go :eek: ) we're thinking about our band xmas party. (Which actually could be a little late by now anyway!!).

We've had various fancy dress parties in the past as well as a magician and a hypnotist (who failed to hypnotise anyone :hammer ) and the usual discos etc, but i'm struggling for new thoughts for this year and just wondered if anyone had been to any particularly memorable parties or knew of some good ideas?

We've got a usual band sized crowd with partners and so on and a great venue with a cheap bar :tup , all we need is the entertainment....
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I gather here at work we're looking at going to the greyhound racing in Sheffield somewhere for our do!! Not quite you're usual Christmas bash I have to admit, but it sounds like it could be fun.

3. Power Tooba

Power Tooba Member

Yeah have done that (though not at Sheffield), was a great night. I've heard good things about the Sheffield stadium though, is reckoned to be good.

Not for us however as we already have our venue - and grub booked!
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

We're having a party the weekend after Pontins. Dress code is wear a bin bag in an inventive way (accessories are allowed....especially gaffa tape!)
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

This won't be your "main event" but at our band dinner this year we put together a photo album from the bands archives (including dodgy registration card photos...:eek: ) and invited everyone to write captions to the photos. The results were, well, unrepeatable on a family friendly forum but were very, very funny, especially as the night wore on and the beer consumption rose.