Christmas novelties

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alanl58, Aug 21, 2006.

1. alanl58

alanl58 Member

I know, it is only August, but considering how long it takes to get music from some suppliers, perhaps this is not to soon!

Anyone have any favourite cheesy pieces like "The Twelve Days of Christmas", that will involve the audience at at Christmas Concerts?

AlanL58
    Bude Metric Brass

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    novelties
    pieces
    Anyone
    The Twelve Days of Christmas
    music
  3. Hello,

We have an arrangement (although we have not yet released it) that is of the "Twelve days of christmas", between each verse, there is a different carol. Makes for a great christmas item.

Regards,

PENNINE MUSIC PUBLISHING

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hope it's not as complicated as the SA arrangement in the Red Carol Book.

5. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Surely nothing is THAT complicated???

Last time we did it at a Xmas pub job, i sat on the floor in front of the band and shouted out the verse number so they knew where to go. "We didn't bring the music for that one" is now our usual reply!!:tongue:

6. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

SA arrangement of Twelve days of Christmas, bah humbug! I only go to the christmas concerts for the mince pies, I love em.

7. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

My own "Xmas Ditty" always goes down well - details on the Seasonal Page of my website.

8. dickyg

dickyg Member

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I'm also starting to formulate ideas for our Christmas concert and I would like to open with something like a proper Christmas fanfare. I specifically want the front row cornets to be displaced throughout the hall with fanfare trumpets. Maybe something along the lines of "Hark the Herald". Anyone got something along these lines?

10. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

There is a new catalogue from Bernaerts with a few of my latest Christmas pieces on, including A Jingle Bell Fantasy, Rudolph Around the World and many more.

Visit www.bernaertsmusic.com for more information or to listen to sound bites from Brass Band Willebroek

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Try Fanfare For Christmas - it's Good Christian Men Rejoice arranged in a fanfare style only 40 seconds but should work well. It's arranged by some bloke called Tim Paton ;) and can be bought from TP Music.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    novelties
    pieces
    Anyone
    The Twelve Days of Christmas
    music
  13. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

:rolleyes: Thank you Mr Hargate

14. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Please don't encourage Francis Tim, he will never get his head in his new sports car!

15. BrianT

BrianT Member

Definitely not a cheesy Christmas piece - try the Philip Harper arrangement of Little Drummer Boy - done in the style of Bolero, complete with offstage cornets and huge tamtam crashes at the end.
    Bril!
    BrianT

16. Hehe, no the arrangement is through composed, so no repeats etc, just played straight through from top to bottom.

PMP

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  17. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Try David Stowell's arrangement of Do You Hear What I Hear. It's rather fun and not cheesy at all.
    Available fromm www.justbrass.co.uk

18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Saddo that I am I am currently listening to Griethorpes "White Christmas" album trying to get ideas for our Christmas concert. Unfortunately because I bought this album from the Chandos site I have no track listing or importantly composer/arranger information. I would be grateful if anyone who has this CD can post the relevant info as I can't find it in the usual websites that I visit. Also looking for the arranger of "The Melody Shop" from the Grimey CD of the same name.

19. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Hey, scratch that request. Just managed to get back into the Chandos site and they're all listed there.

20. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

This is maybe a good moment to point out that *some* suppliers order the music as soon as the customer places the order, and despatch it the same day it arrives from the publisher! :tongue:

I can't be held responsible for the time that some publishers take to supply the order to me though - most are really speedy, others take over 2 months for no apparent reason :mad: